Norcold 1200 A/C circuit problem-Monaco Cayman 2006

whaley96raw

No voltage detected at the A/C receptacle in the Norcold 1200 fridge compartment. Checked the circuits in the A/C panel in the bedroom and there is no circuit designated for refrigerator and all of the circuit breakers appear to be functioning properly. Is there another A/C circuit board located elsewhere?

Any assistance appreciated

whaley96raw

IF you have an inverter and most likely do, find it and post the model or picture. You may find a breaker or two on the side with one popped.

You can also try turning the inverter on to see if the refer gets power. 

17 minutes ago, whaley96raw said:

No voltage detected at the A/C receptacle in the Norcold 1200 fridge compartment. Checked the circuits in the A/C panel in the bedroom and there is no circuit designated for refrigerator and all of the circuit breakers appear to be functioning properly. Is there another A/C circuit board located elsewhere?

Any assistance appreciated

whaley96raw

Look on page 194 of your manual.  On the LEFT SIDE of the panel is the W/D and Refrigerator Breaker.  it is a 20 Amp.  DO you have TWO receptacles in the rear compartment behind the Norcold?  How many cords are there from the Norcold.  SOME of the older Norcold's had TWO cords.  One was Refrigerator (the electric heating elements) and the other was for the Icemaker.

IF you have ONE cord and ONE receptacle, then that runs from the 20 Amp circuit breaker.  If you are plugged into SHORE then unplug and try the Generator.  IF that works and all the breakers are ON, you MAY have an issue with the ATS.

You Cayman came standard with a CONVERTER.  There was an OPTION for an Inverter which would charge the batteries and give you MORE AC power.  The converter is very small....while the Inverter will be larger and provide TWO circuits.  One for the Microwave and one for the GFCI.

With the Inverter and also a NORCOLD WITH TWO POWER CORDS, then the Icemaker circuit goes through the INVERTER and there should be TWO receptacles in the rear.  Sort of hard to trouble shoot with all pictures or the information.

The Refrigerator (MAIN LINE) is NOT supposed to be plugged into the Inverter's Icemaker circuit.  It will zap your batteries in no time flat.

Now, armed with the above....do some looking and trouble shooting.  ONE outlet....and ONE cord....it all comes through the 20 Amp Breaker.  If the W/D will not work, then you have lost a line on the 50 Amp side.

1 hour ago, SteveJ said:

If you are like me, the refrigerator is on the GFI outlet. Mine is in the sink space and is prone to trip

Where is the outlet.  Most were outside access in the compartment or vent cavity behind the refrigerator.  If it plugs in, another Monaco GOOF.  Was never supposed to be on a GFCI.  The heaters and the heaters in the ice maker mold have “leaks” or a very small amount of current to ground.  The GFCI a thinks there is a major hazard and shuts down.

if you have to replace the GFCI, use a Leviton, Hubbell or my choice, Eaton Wiring Devices.  These brand work much better, last longer and are more reliable.

More information and or a picture as well as location is needed as your MH is somewhat different than what most folks have…

I have a 2006 Cayman and had the same problem, Tom is correct with Monaco Goof comment. Indeed the refrig is powered thru the GFCI, which is locted in the bathroom. if you reset it and it agains trips sometimes quickly other times after minutes or hours, check the 2 120vac heaters that power boiler in the refrig. As I had, you may be experiencing a complete or slowly deteriorating heater element. Both of them can be easily checked by unplugging from 120vac and checking resistance between the 120v leads (check both) and the outer shell of the heater element. You should have 0 ohms or infinity. The slightest of resistance indicates a dead or dying heater, Got to be replaced. The resistance between both 120v leads should as memory serves me is 45-75 ohms. You should see a no A/C fault on display panel on front of refrig. I assume that you see that as it is driven by the 12vdc circuit.

My 2006 Cayman 37 PBD has a GFCI receptacle mounted on the side of the cabinet, to the left of the sink.  If memory serves me correctly, I am pretty sure that, at one time, I accidentally tripped the test button on that receptacle and it shut down the power to my fridge.