NEW - Gathering Excursions!

Monacoers, please share this information with your spouse, significant other, or plus-one joining you for the Gathering who may not be planning to attend the seminars! 

For those spouses, significant others, and plus-ones who do not plan to attend the seminars at the Gathering, we are planning some group excursions you might enjoy.  Please note that we are still finalizing a few of these plans, so they may change slightly.

For all of these events, meet in front of the Rally Center at 10:30 am.  The current plan is to take personal vehicles and carpool.

Debbie Hutto & Stacy Hall @stacyhall will Co-Host:

Here is what we are working on:

1. Lunch at the Tampa Riverwalk, followed by a visit to the Florida Aquarium
  2. Lunch at the World-Famous Columbia Restaurant, followed by a walking tour of Ybor City
  3. Winery Tour and Lunch at Keely Winery (Plant City), followed by dessert at Parksdale Farms in Plant City.

We're in the final planning stages, so we welcome your input, but please give it soon!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

MANATEE VIEWING AREA AND PARK

https://www.tampaelectric.com/manatee/

Tampa Electric has a a clean coal (memory) pant south of Lazy Days.  It is about 30 minutes (20 miles…traffic depends) from Lazy Days.  My wife has a cousin who usually entertains her.  This is like a public park operated by the power company and has many volunteers.  It is one of the “hottest” manatee viewing areas in Florida.  Manatee are very “temperature sensitive” creatures.  The bay or area adjacent to the power plant is the source of non contact cooling water for the steam power plant.  To the manatee, this is like a trip to a “health spa”.  They hang out in droves….not just a onesie or twosie.  Boardwalks and lots of info.  I do scenic wildlife photography and 5his place is like a photo safari.  Read the website for more details.  I’ll post a couple of other places that she and her cousin often visited….

1CC47C35-7DF4-4D4E-A57F-5A32A2889F08.jpeg

• Like 1

ONE OF THE BEST RESTAURANTS IN TAMPA.....AND CLOSE....23 MINUTES

https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/ybor-city-tampa

This is a "Cuban" restaurant in the heart of the "original Hispanic" area.... I sound like a know a lot, but it was also THE PLACE where my wife's cousin, a well known and successful realtor and developer and her brother, who has equal aclaim as he owns a large electrical manufacturing, rebuilding and distributorship there.

The food is unbelievable.  We have eaten there many times.  

NOW...the TREAT is FREE.  We ate a late lunch on Saturday.  When I exited the restaurant I saw some interesting "cars" to my left.  REMEMBER....EXIT THE RESTAURANT....The parking lots are across the street.  SO, if you are facing the Restaurant....you want to go to the RIGHT.  Whatever you do go to the RIGHT.....

NOTE....the Ybor Historic District is the 5 blocks from Columbia (on East 7th Avenue) to East 8th Avenue....(the street behind or NORTH of the restaurant.

If you drive WEST on E 7th Avenue....it is an amazing drive.  Lots of local color.  Like cruisin' in the good ole days.  SO....facing the restaurant....head RIGHT (West) on 7th Avenue.  It is, or was then, a very safe place to drive....we enjoyed it and stopped for maybe ice cream or a coffee....You can't go wrong....

Columbia Ybor City Tampa.jpg

• Like 2

Scotty

My wife, Sandy is interested in going to these events and also in car pooling. She is shy so will need a little coaxing. See everyone in a couple weeks. 
Don & Sandy

04 Camelot

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NAMVET77 said:

Scotty

My wife, Sandy is interested in going to these events and also in car pooling. She is shy so will need a little coaxing. See everyone in a couple weeks. 
Don & Sandy

04 Camelot

I will have our 4 door jeep so i can take 3-4 (depends on how close the back seat passengers are comfortable with ).  The winery is nice and she will enjoy the strawberry market.

• 2 weeks later...