Cole Hersee battery switch

birdshill123

I Love Cole Hearsy switches and equipment, that said my next best choice is Blue sea. They sell great equipment that is used in marine applications. I know out here in Ca its sold in boating stores called West Marine, in my opinon its worh givin them a look, if you cant find Cole Hearsy

I should explain myself better. On an 08 Dynasty with 8 - 6 volt batteries the disconnect switch is mounted to one of the   side walls of the front battery bay. There are 2 switches, house and coach. One can access the back of the switches by removing a narrow plate on the wall of the rear battery box. So the guts of the switch are betwen 2 metal walls. With the rear batteries removed you can just barely get in between to undo the cable. Ther are 4 studs.2 are large studs. 3/8 I think. The other 2 are 10/32. The large cables do not have much play. The small wires can be extended if requires. So the replacement should be the same style. I have not yet seen any part # on the switch. Thanks

On that subject, I have an 07 Dynasty with the same 8ea. 6 volt batteries on the two different trays. One tray below the Chassis batteries, and the other 4 in a separate tray behind them. The 4ea 6 volts in the rearmost tray don’t seem to be charging or even supplying anything either. My assumption is they are just going for the ride and not hooked up properly. Have you had any problems like that? 

Without having a picture or knowing the details of an 08 Dynasty, my guess is it could be this one from the parts list; in any event, you should be able to find it in the Cole Hersee catalog... I'm sure @Frank McElroy could tell us...

Battery cut-off switch M-750
Cole Hersee Company
20 Old Colony Avenue
Boston MA 02127-2467
617-268-2100
http://www.colehersee.com/catalog_top/index.htm

Scotty. Thanks for that idea. The switch in the parts list is  for selecting 2 different batteries.  Cole hersee is now part of littlefuse. I cleaned up the old switch and it has 2 1/2 inch poles and 2 10/32 poles. I can see some of the original part #. It looks like 759. The rest is unreadable. I looked in the catalog but can only find a switch with 3/8 poles. I am assuming that my swirch  can handle higher amps. I am still searching. Thanks

Thanks Frank .That switch is for connecting  batteries as well as a disconnect. I  am going to order the one I mentioned above. It looks like a duplicate of the original cole hersee. The distributer is in the Phillipines. Could be from China but they specialize in race car items so hopefully it will be decent quality. I sent a message to Cole Hersee but no answer yet. The world of automotive electrics has changed . Many companies have been bought out by conglomerates.  Often wonder if this is a step backwords.

I have that new switch in my shop. It is almost a duplicate of the Cole Hersee. Gary Donahue. I think if you start a new thread on your problem you will get a reply. All the house batteries are connected. Maybe your cables are bad. Or the PO changed out 4 of the  batteries and the others are toast. Did you check the voltage of each battery? Do you have a battery hydrometer. Maybe check each cell.

Thanks Southpaw. When I googled that switch did not show up. There was one listed that had 3/8 terminals. I even contacted the Mfr.  but they never replied. The  Fastronics is almost the same as original except it has a pin to prevent the switch from rotating. The fastronics was cheaper but if I had known the part # of the Cole Hersee I would have bought one!

Birdshill123,, just go to O'Reilly Auto Parts online and search the p/n 75907 and it will be there. You can online or just pick up locally if you have one nearby your location. 

O'Reilly Auto Parts

Cole Hersee Master Disconnect Switch 75907-BX | O'Reilly Auto Parts (oreillyauto.com)

Google

Amazon.com: Cole Hersee 75907-BX Switch (Rot 2 Position Lever) : Automotive