Insta Hot ERV-AC

SteveJ

Hi (newbie to this Forum!)

I have a build sheet for my 2004 HR Vacationer (I bought in 2018) that indicates I have (or should have) an Emerson Insta Hot ERV-AC installed. I have no literature for it, can't find anything on the internet about it and have no idea what I 'should' be looking for. I do have a second faucet next to the main faucet in the kitchen but that 'appears' to be for filtered drinking water. Never hot. Some owner before me may have removed it, I don't know. Don't even know if it was 120v/12v, something else or what it should look like. 

Any chance anyone still has literature (or at least pictures) of what it might look like?

Thanks!!

Guess I will just have to 'punt' on this. My faucet looks nothing like the Emerson samples and there is nothing under the sink/faucet except for the 10gal hot water heater so either the build sheet is wrong or someone previous to me changed it out.

Yes, I have traced the line and it just goes to the cold water line with room for a filter (actually the line has a tag on it that says "put filter here") so I certainly think that it is meant as a filtered water source (ie: drinking water) but I was hoping someone might have an ERV-AC manual so I could look for evidence of it somewhere in the coach but no one seems to have a picture/manual of that particular Insta-Hot. Thanks

4 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Guess I will just have to 'punt' on this. My faucet looks nothing like the Emerson samples and there is nothing under the sink/faucet except for the 10gal hot water heater so either the build sheet is wrong or someone previous to me changed it out.

Steve, it’s highly likely that it was just changed out. These units had a tendency to leak when they failed. Owners who had that happen generally only spent the $500 to replace if they actually used them. We didn’t. When ours failed, I did exactly what you describe: put a .5 micron Culligan filter under the sink and used the spigot for drinking water. Assuming the person who made the change wasn’t mighty PO’d, they probably left the 120VAC outlet and 12VDC switch that controls a relay for the outlet in place. That would allow you to put in a new one if you wanted.

As an aside, I try to annotate my build sheet when I replace or remove something that’s on there. I’m not perfect at it, but I try so that, if we ever sell (more likely whoever inherits it after I pass), there is some kind of record.

George C, 2005 Exec

1 hour ago, Onthego said:

If your model look like  this it was only make a few years the tanks were make of plastic.  Model HOT 1

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/909146/Insinkerator-Hot-1.html

That is the exact same model that was in my 2002 Monaco Windsor. Never used it from day one. So one day while staying in Tulsa OK on our way to Alaska I was changing out the kitchen faucet and decided to finally remove it. The old faucet and Insta-Hot went into the trash. The new faucet came with a soap dispenser so that's what went into the opening.

Ours looks like this and still works and we use it all the time, just a few minutes to heat up and/or filtered cold water. It runs off the inverted power so I need to remember to turn it off when boondocking or the AGS will kick in. We find it very useful. Just got back from 6k miles of social distancing so cleaning is in order 😎

IMG_3008.JPG

IMG_3010.JPG

My insta-hot has a red thermal rest button on the side of the housing.   When we got the coach, the reset was tripped and I had to reset the red overtemp  button. Pressed the button and we had hot water. Ours is the same one as shown in the preceding post.

Chet P

2004 SIG Castle IV.

Edited by Chet P