Bike rack on front Monaco Cayman

My bike rack goes on the back of our car when needed. No need to mess with any bike rack located between the two vehicles plus with a generator slide on the front of the coach eliminates having anything on the front of our Dynasty.

I had a Class C that I had a receiver hitch mounted on the front.  Made of out of 4X6 heavy wall tubing.  This was welded between the two chassis rails.   The carryier we used in it was mostly to carry heavy XPens my wife had for the dogs.  The carrier was made of 2" tubing with an angled brace to help carry the weight.  I worked good but quite a bit of weight with and without the Xpens. 

So I found a video of a 2008 Caymen and it did show the generator in the front and this was mounted between the two main rails of the chassis.  So you do have enough structure but whatever you do must not interfere with the support of the generator AND allow for the generator be removed for service.   Not sure what Ebikes weight but just have to make it heavy enough to carry and recognize the dynamics of the weight as you are bouncing down the road. 

1 hour ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

I would NOT mount anything on the front of my coach. If you hit anything, you would be sorry you did.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

Chuck, I think you'll be sorry if you hit something in front of you whether you have something mounted there or not 😁!

I put a 1" or so pressure treated wood spacer on top of my coach's 2 inch hitch and then put a 1-1/8" bike rack hitch on top of that, and secured it with 2 big U-bolts.  That gave me enough room to comfortably hook up my tow dolly underneath the bike rack.  Been doing it that way for two coaches and 20 years with no problems.  2 bikes and car on tow dolly.

My bikes are not e-bikes, but I think I want to get two e-bikes which makes me wonder if my current rig would be adequate for the heavier load.  I think my current bikes each weigh about 40 lbs.  Any feedback?