2007 Camelot Basement / Bin Doors

Go to solution Solved by jacwjames,

Does anyone know if the bin / basement doors on a 2007 and 2008 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ are the same size. I know the handles are chrome on a 2008 and painted on a 2007, but not aware if there are any other differences. I need to replace at least one bin door on my 2007 and have found doors off a 2008 for a relatively reasonable price.

Guest Ray Davis

I can't really help except to say that unless your door is demolished including the door frame,  many owners have taken their door to a sheet metal shop and had a new skin installed.  They are held on by double-sided tape and rivets.  Most skins are actually pretty simple, of course, it'll have to be painted but then the new door will also unless it's a match.

I need the door just in front of the propane door and possibly the one in front of it, both passenger side doors. The one that I definitely need is the only one that is a solid color with no striping. 

I am checking some salvage yards and so far only 1 has responded and they want $1200 plus shipping for a door. 

• Solution
On 3/14/2023 at 11:52 PM, Ray Davis said:

I can't really help except to say that unless your door is demolished including the door frame,  many owners have taken their door to a sheet metal shop and had a new skin installed.  They are held on by double-sided tape and rivets.  Most skins are actually pretty simple, of course, it'll have to be painted but then the new door will also unless it's a match.

X2 on this.  If you still have the old door it can either be fixed or duplicated.  A good body shop can probably make or point you to someone who can.  A shop that works of car restorations of modifications probably can make.

I was lucky when my wife sideswiped a pole pulling out of a fueling station.  The pole was the same height as the bottom of the slide.  I slight bent the bottom slide extrusion but it pancaked the top hinge system on 2 doors.  Two doors had heavy scratches and one small door was bent in and slightly warped.  I pulled them all off and was able to get the two pieces of the hinge system.  The small door I clamped to a heavy bench and used large pipe wrenches with the wood to protect the door and was able to bend the door back straight and get most of the large dent out.  Had to use a small amount of bondo fix the remainder of the dent.  Then painting the 3 colors.  Overall turned out pretty good.