Miscellaneous parts

On my '97 Dynasty I am looking for a couple of replacement parts, hoping someone here will know where to look.

My right-side ladder bracket is a rusted mess, any idea where I might find ones like it to replace? Barring that, are their similar brackets I could substitute, maybe ones that are easier to unhook to lift the ladder out of the way?

IMG_4484.thumb.JPG.89590fe2f82f28cced2953b5bce7eb65.JPGIMG_4482.thumb.JPG.f4152a257c2017414131dd5ece8ac667.JPG

Also, one of the tail light bulb holders is corroded up, can these be sourced separately from the entire assembly?  NAPA?

IMG_4503.thumb.JPG.f2b6f7a7e73a1b43ea96061704acd42d.JPGIMG_4505.thumb.JPG.1da30c5a47b7cf36b7dfa445dd6008ee.JPG

15 minutes ago, DavidL said:

Ladder bracket:  Take it off, wire wheel it clean, paint it black and put it back on.

Light bulb:  Any auto parts store.  Standard stuff.

My advice also.  I’ll go a step further.. clean the brackets.  Maybe a little Naval Jelly or a cleaner that leaves a phosphate coating.  Rustoleum Flat black “primer & paint” spray.  I’d crawl under and if the screws are tapping or drill points, I’d switch to a SS bolt and nut and some SS washers on the back side or a SS plate or such for added strength.  Go one size larger.  Drill out the 2 holes in the brackets first and then paint.  The pins are standard hitch pins.  Amazon or a TractorSupply has them.  

I have a metallurgist buddy that would get some SS Flat sheet, and use a Manila file folder and make a template, then use a side grinder with a cutoff wheel and make the straight cuts and then a grinder for the curved tips and a square tubing mandrel and 2 pound sledge and bend and form them for an exact match.  He like to do such….so that is an option….but cleaning and painting and spend the time saved and working on the rear side for a more robust attachment would be my choice…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a 97 Dynasty.  Those light sockets are all going to be problematic after 25+ years.  I got a bunch (I think packs of 5) off Amazon.

The ladder bracket looked just like mine as far as rust goes.  I believe it's cosmetic.  But, that is a simply bracket any fab shop could make.  I doubt you'll find a source for new brackets, and any bracket off a wrecked coach would likely be in the same condition.

-Rick N.

Currently in Deming, NM

• Like 1

I have the same issue on the ladder brackets on my '01 Dynasty. I have wondered where to look for new brackets, now I will try to refurbish the existing ones.  Thank you DavidL and Tom Cherry!

I simply sandblasted and powder coated the brackets years ago. But I think it would also be common for the holes in ladder tubes to get elongated with vibrations and I did not like the flimsiness. A piece of correctly sized tube epoxied through the holes fixed that permanently.

IMG_20230423_101717061.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ivan K said:

I simply sandblasted and powder coated the brackets years ago. But I think it would also be common for the holes in ladder tubes to get elongated with vibrations and I did not like the flimsiness. A piece of correctly sized tube epoxied through the holes fixed that permanently.

Nice Mod.

8 hours ago, Ivan K said:

Nicely done.

1 hour ago, Bruce S said:

I found a bit of stainless that I shaped into the correct size, drilled the proper holes and have used these for many years.  No more rust or need to paint and looks OEM.

I was thinking the same thing, it's a pretty basic shape and can be easily bent once cut.  What did you use to cut the stainless?