FM Transmitter

Go to solution Solved by Guest Ray Davis,

Help!  A few days ago someone posted a recommendation to use a small FM transmitter plugged into the TV headphone port to get access to the amp and use the on board speakers for the TV.  I made a mental note of the brand of the transmitter and then had a senior moment and lost the note.  I have searched for the original post and have not been able to find it.  Can someone point me in the right direction.  Thanks.

Richard

Guest Ray Davis
8 hours ago, Donflem said:

Wait what? There’s a way to listen to my tv through my radio speakers? Would someone please tell me how to do this that’s a great idea?

Don

Yep, the little device above should do it.  Many TVs have a place to plug in headphones, the transmitter plugs into the headphone receptacle and you set the FM radio and the transmitter to a blank spot on the dial.  Volume can probably be controlled by the TV or radio. The transmitter above is a cheap one but should work fine, however, there may be others on Amazon or eBay better suited for a more permanent installation.

1 hour ago, Ray Davis said:

Many TVs have a place to plug in headphones,  

No kidding 🤔.

Can't say I recall every seeing one.

{edit} Well, after looking, at least two of my house TV's, do indeed have headphone ports on the side!

Edited by 96 EVO

I ordered that battery powered FM transmitter.  It is cheap and I want to see how it works.  I searched to see if I could find one that is 110 volt AC powered so I could plug it in with the TV and not have to deal with replacing batteries.  Alas, I was not able to locate one.  If anyone knows of one that is permanently powered, please share with the rest of us.  Thanks.

Richard 

On 4/27/2023 at 1:17 PM, hex_nut said:

I ordered that battery powered FM transmitter.  It is cheap and I want to see how it works.  I searched to see if I could find one that is 110 volt AC powered so I could plug it in with the TV and not have to deal with replacing batteries.  Alas, I was not able to locate one.  If anyone knows of one that is permanently powered, please share with the rest of us.  Thanks.

Richard 

Here’s a AAA battery eliminator on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenink-Battery-Supply-Adapter-Replace/dp/B0873Y5MQ5/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?hvadid=616990830620&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1027026&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=11514644225939710045&hvtargid=kwd-306177200139&hydadcr=24632_13611814&keywords=aaa%2Bbattery%2Beliminator&qid=1682728601&sr=8-2-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFIQ1oyWVU3VEFHU0QmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMjkzMjhIMEo0SExXUEZJODQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDQ5OTMzNTFZNkJWTU9QQ0NONFYmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1

You could probably pick up a 3 volt DC transformer and make one yourself a lot cheaper, but this is clean and easy.  You might want to check eBay, too.

I'd like to add I did this on my Neptune right away when I got a few months back by running a 3.5mm aux cord from the TV, down the back of the A pillar trim, under the dash and to the radio. Works great.  While I was at it I also removed the TV kill switch wire so my passengers can watch some tube or movies while we drive.  

• Like 1