How do I get my "back flusher" to work again?

I've an '06 Sig and have hooked a hose to the "back flushing input. But when I turn the water on, nothing goes through that connection.

How do I get it unstuck/pluged?

Thanks.

Bought 7ish years ago. It's never worked for me.

As far as a valve, all I can see is from the outside of the water closet is the hose screw-on to connect the input water to.

Guest Ray Davis

The holes where the water sprays are more than likely stopped up with poop & paper.   The fix is with an empty tank remove the unit from the tank and drill the water spray holes, usually slightly larger.   Reinstall using a little silicone sealer and it should be good.

edit---  Mine is on the other side of the coach & water bay,  mounted in the end of my black tank.

Edited by Ray Davis

I am surprised that your 06 Sig has a separate Black Tank back flushing water input for a hose. My 06 Dynasty does not therefore it has a Back Flush valve which needs to be turn ON for the water to flow to the tank.

If no valve can be found, like a previous poster stated, you then have to remove the Back Flush valve from the tank and clean the spray ports out until they are open and working correctly.

Or you can purchase a new one and install in its place.

https://tinyurl.com/454jx2n4

GEE…lucky guys.  My backflush fitting is a mount on the set bay panel.  On the back is a hard PEX to the back flush fitting or unit on the black tank.  That is courtesy of a spy camera on a phone.  Major….major job.  Totally strip panel.  Bend it with the strength of Hercules….or cut into as many have done.  Then replace the flush or drill it out.

My recommendation for future use…..use it every time you dump.

Get a short hose….maybe 3 ft long.  Attach that to the BF fitting.  Put a full flow 1/4 turn valve on the end.  Install a washing machine screen washer there.  I can turn ON and OFF my back flush….sometimes a pressure surge helps.

The ONLY time I ever had an issue.  I hooked up a hose laying around for a while in the yard.  SHOULD have pressure flowed or rinsed it out.  Bugs and ants had gone after the water and set up a home.  That debris shut down the flow.  Fortunately, all I had to do was clean the washer screen.

It makes it more convenient and I’m get the mixing or pressure surge to stir up bottom….

That’s my take and experience….others have installed the same setup and report better back flushing.  NOW…I do have a Sanicon with a clear fitting. But that is a great way to see that all the crap in the bottom (flat bottom tank) does not get dumped on just the first “empty”….

When mine wouldn't flush, I used the air fitting I used to use when I winterized, lowered pressure to 30PSI, couple short blasts and it opened right up,  two minutes.   Put in some Purogene and started using Borax to help keep it clean, been good for two years thus far. 

On 5/4/2023 at 9:40 PM, rvingstuff said:

Bought 7ish years ago. It's never worked for me.

As far as a valve, all I can see is from the outside of the water closet is the hose screw-on to connect the input water to.

Have you had an opportunity to review your coach manual[s]?  Can you post a picture of your water management bay? 

https://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/manuals/2006_Signature.pdf is the link for your Coach Manuals. Section 6, page 202 is a description of the procedure you may want to review.  

You may also try to "shock" the black tank with a 4X recommended chemical, like Happy Camper. Empty the grey and black tanks, just before bedtime. Fill the black tank 3/4 full of water. Add the chemical. In the morning, dump the black tank, and try the back flushing. Just another option. Good Luck

Edited by Paul A.