Software ID Rev.04# at startup on display. What is this?

I've noticed prior to starting, after turning ignition key to on, the display shows a Software ID Rev 0.4. What does this pertain to?  I believe to know the engine revision # you need to be able to hook into the Insight Software from a Cummins repair facility.

I'm just curious to what this one is and should it be "updated"?

Also, since owning the rv, just before starting, it always has shown Low Battery in this display.  Previous owner said it's always shown that, but have never had an issue with starting coach.  It bugs me it shows Low Battery.  I've checked the batteries, both coach and chassis, and they are over 13 volts.

Thanks for all the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Matt

Thanks for asking the questions, I've wondered too. Mine does exactly the same thing on startup (current '08 Camelot and previous '06 Endeavor). Haven't found any info at all as to how/if to even access them. My guess is that it's hidden somewhere in the Cummins-propriety software-world.

"If it ain't broke, I can still fix it".

6 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

What display are you seeing this message?

On the display at the dash. Same display shows temps, psi, fuel mileage, etc.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:56 PM, Matt Lavender said:

I've noticed prior to starting, after turning ignition key to on, the display shows a Software ID Rev 0.4. What does this pertain to?  I believe to know the engine revision # you need to be able to hook into the Insight Software from a Cummins repair facility.

I'm just curious to what this one is and should it be "updated"?

Also, since owning the rv, just before starting, it always has shown Low Battery in this display.  Previous owner said it's always shown that, but have never had an issue with starting coach.  It bugs me it shows Low Battery.  I've checked the batteries, both coach and chassis, and they are over 13 volts.

Thanks for all the wealth of knowledge on this site.

Matt

I would tell you that the Medallion system (I have it) is notorious for giving a LOW Battery warning.  Me and several others have seen this and we KNOW that our batteries are in great shape.  The BEST way (OK...there are many) but a simple one.  In the heat of the summer, stop and shut down the engine.  Then go back and unhook your toad (or wait the equivalent time.  Then, jump in, with the Front HVAC on and start the MH.  If you have that OMG.....pause, then it cranks....probably TIME to think about a chassis battery.  The engine when hot (90 dF day or so) will quickly heat up and expand.  That means the compression is higher.  With a NEW set (you need the 950 NOT the IDIOTIC 750's that Monaco put on the Camelot....the Dynasty got the better batteries) of 950's I STILL get the idiotic light.  BUT, I get 6 or 7 years out of the best Interstate Starting batteries.

As to the Software ID.  Call Medallion.  They will discuss that.  I THINK or maybe not....that MINE does it.  It has absolutely ZILCH or anything to do with the ECM or the ENGINE....strictly, I think, the Software in the Medallion brain that runs the system.

11 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Matt, I'm guessing your Scepter never came with the Aladdin Jr system as well?

I'm thinking maybe I got one of the last Aladdin systems, before they went to Medallion.

IMG_1063.JPG

Yep, That definitely be the reveered “Genie” and not a DIC Medallion. Switches and other stuff definitely different.  These things happen.  A former member purchased a 09 Camelot from LD.  December 08.  They said it was the “first” full width shade and visor they had sold.  Mine was stored on a “nobody wants us” lot for a time….supposedly.  But i bought it in Jan 2009 and it had beem delivered to a dealer in AL And then transferred to the Jacksonville CW….I signed the paper on Jan 13 (not a Friday) .  Go sort that out….LOL!

27 minutes ago, Tom Cherry said:

Yep, That definitely be the reveered “Genie” and not a DIC Medallion. Switches and other stuff definitely different.  These things happen.  A former member purchased a 09 Camelot from LD.  December 08.  They said it was the “first” full width shade and visor they had sold.  Mine was stored on a “nobody wants us” lot for a time….supposedly.  But i bought it in Jan 2009 and it had beem delivered to a dealer in AL And then transferred to the Jacksonville CW….I signed the paper on Jan 13 (not a Friday) .  Go sort that out….LOL!

Nope, I don't have the controller on mine. 

5 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

I would tell you that the Medallion system (I have it) is notorious for giving a LOW Battery warning.  Me and several others have seen this and we KNOW that our batteries are in great shape.  The BEST way (OK...there are many) but a simple one.  In the heat of the summer, stop and shut down the engine.  Then go back and unhook your toad (or wait the equivalent time.  Then, jump in, with the Front HVAC on and start the MH.  If you have that OMG.....pause, then it cranks....probably TIME to think about a chassis battery.  The engine when hot (90 dF day or so) will quickly heat up and expand.  That means the compression is higher.  With a NEW set (you need the 950 NOT the IDIOTIC 750's that Monaco put on the Camelot....the Dynasty got the better batteries) of 950's I STILL get the idiotic light.  BUT, I get 6 or 7 years out of the best Interstate Starting batteries.

As to the Software ID.  Call Medallion.  They will discuss that.  I THINK or maybe not....that MINE does it.  It has absolutely ZILCH or anything to do with the ECM or the ENGINE....strictly, I think, the Software in the Medallion brain that runs the system.

I'm not going to worry about it then, thank you for that info.

I will keep an eye on my AGM batteries, both chassis and coach.

thanks again for all the info.

17 hours ago, Tom Cherry said:

My 2012 Diplomat is Rev 1.2.  Like Ivylog said - ignore it…

Tom, Have you ever seen “HIGH BATTERY “ displayed on the Medallion?  Mine did it a couple of times and the engine will crank, but not start.  Cycling the ignition key several times usually cleared it.  The last time it did it I connected the Navistar Diagnostic software and discovered that it was low power to ECM.  I found a relay that was sticking and not allowing 12 volts to the ECM.  Apparently, Medallion takes the J1939 data and converts it to whatever they want.  They could have the message say “Good Morning “ if they wanted to.  I replaced the relay and all has been good since.

16 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

Tom, Have you ever seen “HIGH BATTERY “ displayed on the Medallion?  Mine did it a couple of times and the engine will crank, but not start.  Cycling the ignition key several times usually cleared it.  The last time it did it I connected the Navistar Diagnostic software and discovered that it was low power to ECM.  I found a relay that was sticking and not allowing 12 volts to the ECM.  Apparently, Medallion takes the J1939 data and converts it to whatever they want.  They could have the message say “Good Morning “ if they wanted to.  I replaced the relay and all has been good since.

16 minutes ago, dandick66 said:

Nope…..mine does not have that much AI nor is at chatty or multilinguistic….  All i need is a wise apple DIC….

I had forgotten that the Medallion has a J1939 interface.  So, i guess that if the correct interface or chip was in the Medallion brain, then it could display the rev level or the last update for an ECM.  BUT…to give you the opposite condition reminds me of Google maps and the other GPS that boot up and tell you to turn left….then you move 2 feet….”Belay that….turn RIGHT”.  My parents were not cartologists…..just spelling “MAPS” was a chore.

But we took a 5 hour trip at least 2 times per year from Rural Catawba county (NC) and made it, in the middle of the night, to Myrtle Beach, SC.  My mother was the “traffic lady” for a furniture company….means she filed all the DOT mess.  One of her drivers wrote down the towns and which highways to leave on when passing through.  They were scribbled on an envelope.  That was the “Holy Grail” I could not touch…..and she read it to my dad.  There were maybe 15 towns….as they took the “truck route”.  Finally, as a teenager, I learned to read a map and helped navigate…..  HOW DID WE SURVIVE?

Yes this Medallion display module is basically the computer brain that interfaces with the engine/transmission/ABS J1939 databus along with input from two air pressure transducers.  This module then sends out a multiplex signal to all the other digital dash gauges. 

In case anyone is interested, the internal circuitry inside this module consists of 3 separate circuit boards layered on top of each other.

Screenshot_20230519-204605.png

Screenshot_20230519-204548.png