Rear view mirrors

My right Velvac rear view, P/S mirror arm. is loose and excess to the tightening screws or nut is not excessible. Wondering if any Monaco owners have had this problem with their mirrors? If so, how were you able to tighten the arm?

The Velvac mirrors on my Windsor were attached using LAG screws. I filed the holes with LOTS of toothpicks then used YELLOW gas Teflon tape to wrap around the lag screw before reattaching them.

They tighten right up tight but don't OVER-tighten them otherwise you may have to fill in the holes with epoxy and start from scratch.

William, no offense to you or the others that had responded but the issue is not clear. 
Could you provide additional details to explain which part is loose? A photo will also be very useful.

Arm is loose is clear to me. On the bottom of the mount there’s a removable plug for the bolt that holds the arm on. Put a longer bolt in and hit with a hammer to loosen the arm. Once the arm is removed the plastic cover will come off exposing the 4 lag screws. Good luck just tighten them…rarely lasts.

4 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Arm is loose is clear to me. On the bottom of the mount there’s a removable plug for the bolt that holds the arm on. Put a longer bolt in and hit with a hammer to loosen the arm. Once the arm is removed the plastic cover will come off exposing the 4 lag screws. Good luck just tighten them…rarely lasts.

Velvac Mirrors do NOT have plastic base covers. Only mirrors from Ramco have the plastic covers.Velvac Mirrors have lag screw covers which have to be removed to expose the head of the lag screw.

The method you described above works only for Ramco Mirrors.

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

Velvac Mirrors do NOT have plastic base covers. Only mirrors from Ramco have the plastic covers.Velvac Mirrors have lag screw covers which have to be removed to expose the head of the lag screw.

The method you described above works only for Ramco Mirrors.

If you say so?

IMG_6535.png

IMG_6536.png

Our 2005 Safari Cheetah has that type of mirror arm. Bolt through the bottom holds arm on. Removing will allow the chrome cap on base to be removed gaining access to lag screws. When I discovered a problem the lag screws had already wallowed out the screw holes (mirror fell off while driving). Chose to drill out holes and replace lags with screws, nuts and fender washer (required pulling the dash out to access the inside. Note: The other mirror also needs to be done as it is starting to show movement. Unfortunately the mirror arm has developed corrosion in the socket of the base. Any suggestions on how to separate would be appreciated.