Warning light on dash

Good evening,  my 04 dynasty with the ISL 400 has the " warning" light displayed on the dash. I checked all fluid levels except transmission and all is good. Transmission will be checked when I get home. Anyone have this happen? Thanks

I’ve had that light come on for various issues.  
Coolant temp was one, other was an exhaust manifold leak causing the turbo to perform out of spec.  

Is the engine going into reduced power when this happens?

Id be checking for codes. 

2 hours ago, ktloah said:

Good evening,  my 04 dynasty with the ISL 400 has the " warning" light displayed on the dash. I checked all fluid levels except transmission and all is good. Transmission will be checked when I get home. Anyone have this happen? Thanks

Did you check for water in your water separating fuel filter?

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

Interesting because mine came on yesterday.   I was rolling along at 65 mph when the engine died, every red light came, then just as quickly the engine picked back up but the warning light stayed on.  When I found a place to stop I kill the engine & restarted, but the warning light did not come back on.  Relief doesn't describe what I felt.   I believe I've had this happen 3 times over 12 yrs of owning.   Believe me,  it will give you a heart attack especially since I was on a 2 lane in Arkansas with no shoulder & it was raining.

I had my come on too with no fluid level issues but seemed to come on more when the weather was hotter and the engine was working harder climbing hills. Much less frequent it just would come. My service manager said it my just be the sensor.

4 hours ago, ktloah said:

Ron, I think that the transmission has an electronic way to check the fluid level using the push buttons. Check your owner's manual.

Gary 05 AMB DST

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Ron, I think that the transmission has an electronic way to check the fluid level using the push buttons. Check your owner's manual.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Gary is probably correct.  You should have a separate Allison transmission manual.  I don’t know the year that they went electronic.  If you don’t have the original one that was supplied with the MH, Google it.  The 2004 sales brochure is not online and the 2003 did not call out the model number.  In 2005, it was the MH3000 which many of us have.  The pictures in the Allison are easy to follow.  Make sure you have driven at least an hour and the tranny is warm to hot.  You also must park and level the MH to get an accurate reading.  It is simple….just a few steps. It would be good, as a confirmation, to drive another 10 or more miles and repeat.

9 minutes ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Tom, my 05 Ambassador was the first year that used the 8 air bag platform. It was carried over from the 04 Endeavor, My chassis is the same as an Endeavor but with the 333hp ISC. I was told this by the manager of the Roadmaster frame assembly plant in Elkhart.

Gary 05 AMB DST

I pulled the 04 Endeavor brochure.  We basically have the same chassis.  It is the MH3000. The OP has the Dynasty which is basically an Imperial.  For whatever reason, there is NOT a 2004 Imperial brochure.  But, odds are…really high that the Dynasty the OP has is also the MH3000 and I would be surprised if it wasn’t the “electronic” level check,

Hope he follows through and tries the procedure and lets us know…..

On 6/17/2023 at 11:21 PM, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Gary 05 AMB DST

For reference, my 1993 Dynasty has the MD3060 tranny.  It does not have the electronic fluid level sensor, but with the tilt-up bed it's easy to access the dipstick.

• 2 weeks later...