What is this wire??

KarenG
Go to solution Solved by JDCrow,

Hi! New to the site here and looking forward to learning more and your help from time to time!

This coiled wire is in the storage space under the right dinette bench. There are 12 volt lights on that wall, but they are working and accounted for. It's above the generator,  but we have the remote switch installed on the dash, so it's not for that.

2008 Safari Simba 36PCT

Your input sure is appreciated!

Thanks.

20220828_163910.thumb.jpg.ea4ea729898c24717c82417045755d4b.jpg

Edited by KarenG
Left out coach info

7 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

Bumpin Subwoofer

MY money is on JD.  Mine is there.  It is a powered Sub.  2 wires for Voltage….don’t know if yours  are “live” or not.  But the other 2 are for the HEC Receiver sub output.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gary 05 AMB DST said:

Monaco/Holiday Rambler used a generic wiring for their units. They ran wire to everything that could appear in the any motorhome. On my 05 Ambassador, being the lowest model, has coils of wire in many places that weren't needed. If it isn't being used, it isn't needed.

Gary 05 AMB DST

Wire cutters. My favorite tool since I became a Monaco owner

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Gary Cole said:

Wire cutters. My favorite tool since I became a Monaco owner

Each his own.  I label and leave alone,  if you cut off a CB plug, you can’t use that fuse or circuit for many of the things, like a brake controller that i added. The wires in the picture could power a 12 VDC convenience outlet.  Cut if you like….your MH….  If he adds a better receiver with a sub signal, then any car stereo shop has one or Crutchfield.  i like my thumper….Top Gun sounds like you are on the flight deck…. LOL

• Like 1

Thanks all! We have surround sound, buy how is a sound nut so he may like to expand the quality or add. ( I may be sorry I said that!)

I'm not for cutting wires. I'd rather let it lie and forget about it.

Appreciate the time for your comments!

• Like 1