Windshield wiper blows fuse

JTerry

I would look at the linkage for binding, verify the fuse size is correct. Check for loose connections and clean them. Try disconnecting the linkage from the motor and see what it does. Some have changed from 32” blades to 28” blades I think to lower the load on the motor. FWIW

Have a similar age coach, wipers stalled and think it tripped the motor's thermal overload function.  Found that the rods going out through the front cap to the knurled thingy that the wiper arm attaches to was binding.  Loosened the push clips for more clearance and lubed the shaft/tube with a good silicone spray.  Giving those 2 shafts a shot of silicone spray is on my annual service list.  Replaced the wiper motor before finding the binding.

Check to make sure it’s downward travel does not go into the window seal. Mine did and caused excessive drag. 

Moderator's EDIT.  This new topic was merged with the original one posted on Sunday.

End of Edit.

I removed the windshield wiper motor today but before ordering a new one I want to check the motor. Does anyone know where I can find the color codes of the wiring harness for the motor and the normal amp draw?

Edited by Tom Cherry
Followup to previous topic or same issue

AMEN to some of the comments.  Your Dynasty, like my 2009 Camelot, PROBABLY has the AM Equipment "package".  It is usually pretty robust.  BUT, as in anything mechanical, it can have issues.  I spent a lot of time on the phone and working with AM on the arms and blades...as well as other vendors.  Here is my take.

I would NOT run 32" blades on them.  YES, they came with 32...but there are other companies or suppliers that have calculated the torque and the arm design and actually make a "This WILL work" arm for them. AM also had to outsource ALL their arms and blades as Anco closed all of its US and Mexican operations and went off shore.  I personally know that as I used to audit the Anco plants when I worked in another division of our parent company.  As a curious engineer, I spend some time with their design folks and also got to know a little about their manufacturing processes...  

BUT, my arms were fine and I could not get their NEW AM blades, from off shore, to fit on the old arms.  That is when I got curious...so...that's my experience...and what their competitors told me as well as the issues we have seen here...so this is based on real knowledge.

Use a good set of 28" blades.  RV stores as well as NAPA and Walmart carry name brands.  Just make sure you "Try them out" and make sure the plastic adapters will lock in place on your arms.  Most of the aftermarket ones did...but, the OEM AM's would not.  Go figure.

Next is the instanteous "Fuse BLows".  I would bend the arms out...I think you can so the blades are rotating and not swiping.  OR remove the arms.  Just MARK on the windshield WHERE (use blue tape) the blades are "resting".  As one poster said...if the arms are loose (they have a precision knurled shaft) and travel too LOW and hit the lower windshield gasket....BINGO...HIGH torque.  So, test them from now one with NO LOAD or without the arms and blades making contact with the windshield.

Next up is to look for issues in the linkage and also see if there are any points that need lubrication.  TriFlow is a good lubricant to use...probably better than WD-40.

@Frank McElroy, offline I think, has given you the fix for the 5 VDC CCM Power Supply fix.  I would do that FIRST....and THEN start to see what is happening on the wipers.  

Unfortunately, Monaco never gave the details or sometimes did, but sketchy.  I sort of scanned our master copy of the 2009 Dynasty (and above) prints for the CCM.  I did not find any real information on what you asked.  My advice...do the troubleshooting above.  THEN, call AM and ask them for some prints or tech support on the motor.  Monaco was not very good at that.  There is only a simple...ON OFF signal from the VIP and I could NOT find the VIP layout for your MH. 

NOW...I also got curious.  I SUSPECT that my VIP wheel and your VIP wheel works the same.  It is NOT part of the CCM system. SO, what worked in the Camelot...was probably the SAME or maybe an identical circuit for the Dynasty.  The VIP wheel does the "switching.  So, I am including my print.  Color codes are NOT there...but the pins and connectors, odds are...are the same.  If you take this print and then get your VIP wheel working...and use my print or connector...You should be able to TEST if the VIP is sending out the correct signals. 

That's it..  Good Luck... 

Windshield Wipers.pdf

Thank you Tom for all the good information. I am basically sure the motor is bad but jus t want to check it out before spending $343 for a new motor. Once I get it working I think I will address the wiper issue. 

Thanks again