Need to Remove interior Paneling - 2008 Diplomat. Suggestions?

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Need to Remove interior Paneling - 2008 Diplomat. Suggestions?

It looks like where the two pieces meet they stick in a plastic molding, is this connected to steel studs and the paneling slides out.  Haven’t pulled crown molding down yet, possibly screws behind it, found none at bottom, thanks for all the help 

Post a picture of what you are trying to dissasemble.

I have an Endeavor skq 2008. Sister ships. There is not a lot that I have not taken apart. 

What is the nature of the problem?

There are hidden nails in places. Covered in putty and color matched. 

Edited by myrontruex

I've had to do some water damage repair to the 1/2 bath in my 09.  Prior beltline and/or vent leak.   The wall construction on my rig consisted of vinyl wallpaper glued to 3/16" fiberboard (the stuff that disintegrates when wet).  Behind that I had Styrofoam and steel beams. 

I did not have an upper trim piece (crown molding) to contend with, the vanity cabinet went to the ceiling.  As stated, look hard for the screws or nails holding on the cabinets and trim.  Be prepared to replace the wall panels.  I used 1/4" birch plywood, which is actually very close to 3/16" .  I then install a new textured wall paper and painted.  I was lucky to be working in a small space and didnt have to match existing non-damaged walls. 

This is what I started with, hard to see, but the wall paper is loose, the back splash is loose as well.  The floor was damaged as well.  I had to cut out and replace most of the floor as well. 

image.png.4fec884558e3b63c7f09e9406121e5b3.png

This is what I found behind the wall paper, the vinyl wall paper is an excellent moisture trap. 

image.png.1cf48201fa26a4949fa686dc9293d6ca.png

After Clean up: 

image.png.2ad3fe44a6111423e64a53e227136121.png

1st piece of plywood installed:

image.png.3511a25fa8741f87c49822ce03cb2c91.png

IMG_8250.JPG

image.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 8/16/2023 at 5:10 PM, LakeBob said:

I've had to do some water damage repair to the 1/2 bath in my 09. 

Just curious - I cannot tell from the pictures, but in the "after" state, it looks like the wall has all voids filled with Styrofoam.  Correct?

Was Styrofoam present in the "before" state, or was there something else?  I'm trying to develop an understand of all aspects of the OEM construction.

Boy, you sure do like to tackle big jobs!

Edited by DBRV.0

The styrofoam was underneath the rotted wall board.  It’s standard Monaco construction.  If you look in the lower right in the picture where I havre painted everything with mold inhibiting primer, you can see where the factory left a piece out. I glued a new piece in place, directly to the interior of the fiberglass body.

This was the finished product:

image.thumb.jpeg.b08b1dfa8a38c5b34a72b7483b79fd19.jpeg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LakeBob said:

The styrofoam was underneath the rotted wall board.  It’s standard Monaco construction.

You did a super job!

I felt compelled to ask about insulation.  We changed out our bed, which necessitated changing the plywood foundation size.  During that process, I wanted to document some of the wiring.  I was shocked to find that the slide-out wall had zero insulation.  That is the wall with the most electrical switches - the forward wall.  Made me start to wonder if there was any insulation anywhere except the ceiling.  Getting into the front cap, I found insulation stopped 4 inches above the windshield - leaving fiberglass exposed.  So when the 'OVHD Fan' switch to the left of the driver is activated, that unconditioned air is circulated.