What are these for?

BradHend

Does anyone know what these two devices do? They are monitoring the air system for something, just curious what exactly for.  

Also, does anyone have a picture of their air pressure regulator for a similar coach? Mine won’t shut off now, not exactly sure what it looks like.  Thanks. 

IMG_1315.jpeg

They are air dump valves. But since you have hydraulic brakes (not air brakes) they dump pressure from your front and rear air springs, respectively.  Your photo shows  the hydraulic pump reservoir next to your air release valves, so they are mounted in the engine compartment.

Your air pressure regulator? Are you talking about your Air Governor? the aluminum cylinder mounted near your engine-driven air compressor, connected by a ss braided hose. You should have 2 ss braided hoses coming off the compressor, trace the smaller hose, probably no more than 4 feet from the compressor.

IMG_8289.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

• Like 1

AIR DUMP VALVES. On my 04 Cayman 34 ft, when I press the air dump switch on the drivers left side console it releases air (slowly) from the 4 air bags thru the 2 rear valves and 1 in the front Generator compartment on the firewall.   I  typically do this per the instructions, for my coach, for putting out slides, First, extend slides, then  depress air dump and brake peddle to bleed air off the coach.  It  lowers, slowly as it takes several minutes +- 10 for this to bleed off. then you  set leveling jacks ( this is how Monaco instructions for my coach with manual 3 point leveling system.  also follow those plastic lines and fittings to check with soapy water if your system bleeds down.  Note on the side of each valve is a small bleed port with a screen make sure it clean so the bleed off is not restricted.

just another item to schedule on your " routine maintenance" items on theses Beasts!

Happy Trails!

• Like 1

Thanks for the input folks.  
Could a faulty check valve be causing my compressor to continue supplying air to the rig? I did a few full air downs and the compressor stopped supplying air when it should so I thought it was perhaps okay and was a result of sitting too long.  Took it for a ride and stopped at a parking lot to check everything out.  I noticed the air compressor was on again with the relief valve releasing air at the tank, did a quick step on the accelerator up to about 1200 RPM and it quit supplying air as it should.  This rig, as @Robert92867 mentioned has hydraulic brakes, so there is no air dryer and no purge noise. 

@96 EVO I would agree.  I don’t believe it’s the relief valve at the tank at fault as you can hear the compressor working harder and the lines really vibrate when it happens.  
Just wasn’t sure if a check valve would cause any of this.  
Monaco doesn’t even put an air gauge on the dash.  Just a low air light.  
I will check the pressure in the tank when this is happening just to confirm. 
Only reason I went with a basic coach like this is so anyone can drive it need be.   No license upgrades needed. And it will fit at all national/provincial/state parks. 

Edited by BradHend