Air fixture to fill tires?

willema
Go to solution Solved by willema,

All you need is in the manual.  If you do NOT have a copy, go here and download...put in your Model Year.

https://www.monacocoach.com/service-and-repairs/

Would suggest that you pay particular attention to the section on proper draining and maintenance of the air system...as literally, you and your family safety does depend on it.  There will be an illustration of the fitting and their location.  On some Dynasty's, in certain years, there were drain fittings in the rear engine compartment.  Most of the time they are up front.  There is a fitting on one of the "bibs" which takes a standard (Home/Shop) male air fitting.  Be ADVISED...if you need to put air in the front tires....it takes several cycles.  You have to put the air chuck on the tire and hold it on.  After 20 or so seconds, the air pressure equalizes.  You use an ignition key and bleed off the air chuck (the fitting for the tire).  Obviously, you have to have the engine running.  when you hear the SHOOSH....then put it back on.  The pressure will be around 125 PSI when the air dryer expels (SHOOSH).  Keep doing that and you can fill the front tires.

We always advise members, especially newbies to MH or DP to read the section on AIR PRESSURE in the manual.  It is critical and vital for drivers to know about this.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

• Solution

I found it in the bay behind the left front tire.  I've read the manual once through to get familiar.  Luckily I live where there are other Monaco owners.  Unfortunately, they couldn't find it either.  Thank you very much for your help.

Matt Willey

2 hours ago, willema said:

I found it in the bay behind the left front tire.  I've read the manual once through to get familiar.  Luckily I live where there are other Monaco owners.  Unfortunately, they couldn't find it either.  Thank you very much for your help.

Matt Willey

👍 good deal.  We occasionally have newbies and they have some serious air pressure issues.  We want them safe and also knowledgeable.  I often learn or relearn or pick up things when I review to assist them.  Keep reading the manual…good deal…

• Like 1

Are you sure it’s an air line, not the propane??? On my 04 Dynasty at that location it’s a low pressure propane outlet. Open the generator slide and on the passenger side I think you’ll find the male Type C fitting with a valve behind it which is what I used to air my tires. It also serves as the front tank drain… should have another one next to it without a fitting for the other tank drain.

If the valve handle is 2” long, it’s the propane as the air one is only 1” long.

Edited by Ivylog
  • Like 1

My air Chuck is in the left front bay above the propane tank. There is a capped propane line in the R/H front bay. It is equipped with a small shutoff valve. My manual was a bit vague on these features as I do not believe there was a production standard for these installs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, det944 said:

My air Chuck is in the left front bay above the propane tank. There is a capped propane line in the R/H front bay. It is equipped with a small shutoff valve. My manual was a bit vague on these features as I do not believe there was a production standard for these installs.

My Dynasty is the same.  The female quick connect fittings on the drivers side above the propane tank is for an air line to fill tires from the front dry air tank.  The male fitting Dick B mentioned feeds the wet air tank and is primarily used by a wrecker when towing the coach or to drain the wet air tank.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, det944 said:

I've had our rig for a year and a half. Amazed at the features on this beast and always learning.  The knowledge on this forum is increadable. Thanks for all the sharing everyone.

Yes - it's great to learn something every day.  I try to do that every day being retired now for 12 years. 

That female quick connect coupling should have a plastic dust cover.  Be sure to put that dust cover back in place after every use.