Engine serial number Help !!!!!

Hey Guys n Gal's I have a 2000 monoco diplomat 38d. It's Dead in the water bad injection pump. My problem is I don't have the serial for the engine. The Coach is in Galop NM. And I am in Tennessee. I have the Vin but can't find the serial number the place where it is at claims that the tag is gone. Who can I call to get some Help??

Val 

44 minutes ago, JDCrow said:

ISC Cummins (I assume) is top right of engine looking at it from rear. It’s just above the front engine cover 

IMG_9259.png

Problem is the shop claims that the tag is gone and they called freightliner to get the information but I can't find any info. 

I have a 2000 Diplomat as well 40 pdb and it is on the back of the engine not the front like the picture shows.  I have the 5.9l cummins not the 8.3l so could be located in a different place.  Also if you are not with your motorhome and they know it then they will try and take advantage of you.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mr Rogers said:

I have a 2000 Diplomat as well 40 pdb and it is on the back of the engine not the front like the picture shows.  I have the 5.9l cummins not the 8.3l so could be located in a different place.  Also if you are not with your motorhome and they know it then they will try and take advantage of you.

My point exactly. And yes I assumed. 8.3, but if OP doesn’t know, my heart goes out to them for this. 

If the engine plates with the SN really are missing, and you don't have the coach build sheet, have the shop connect up the Cummins Insite software to the engine computer.  The engine SN will be displayed via the Insite software.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MurrayD said:

Send an email to rvsupport@revrvgroup.com with your motorhome serial number and they will provide you with all the serial numbers for your engine and all components, paint codes, build sheet. I just received mine today.

My problem is I am in Tennessee and the coach is in New Mexico. At a repair shop. I  did some calling around yesterday and found out the pump number. So I have that now. I am going to do some calling today to see if I can locate the pump. 

14 hours ago, JDCrow said:

My point exactly. And yes I assumed. 8.3, but if OP doesn’t know, my heart goes out to them for this. 

Good thing is I  have done enough work on the coach that I know for a fact it's a 8.3 and after digging around enough yesterday I found the shop that was contacted to get the quote .I  have the pump information now. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Simplysmn said:

My problem is I am in Tennessee and the coach is in New Mexico. At a repair shop. I  did some calling around yesterday and found out the pump number. So I have that now. I am going to do some calling today to see if I can locate the pump. 

Good thing is I  have done enough work on the coach that I know for a fact it's a 8.3 and after digging around enough yesterday I found the shop that was contacted to get the quote .I  have the pump information now. 

That’s awesome!

My intention was not to be a jerk, but I’ll pass on what I recently learned;

The more info you can give, in the beginning, they quicker ones here can help. 

The engine displacement for instance. I threw out 8.3, another said his coach of the same vintage as yours had a 5.9. 

A few responses back and forth, and you see where we are at. 

I’m sorry about your pump. A plus is I believe is a CAPS 1, which is easier on the wallet then the CAPS 2

Please keep this thread going so us here and any in the future can get an idea of the problem you are having and the solution/cost.

Safe travels 

JD

12 hours ago, JDCrow said:

That’s awesome!

My intention was not to be a jerk, but I’ll pass on what I recently learned;

The more info you can give, in the beginning, they quicker ones here can help. 

The engine displacement for instance. I threw out 8.3, another said his coach of the same vintage as yours had a 5.9. 

A few responses back and forth, and you see where we are at. 

I’m sorry about your pump. A plus is I believe is a CAPS 1, which is easier on the wallet then the CAPS 2

Please keep this thread going so us here and any in the future can get an idea of the problem you are having and the solution/cost.

Safe travels 

JD

No Sir your not a Jerk nor would I ever think that. Your just replying to a post .you don't know my background. But it's all good. I appreciate your help. So far what I have learned is the pump is a Caps pump but it is also 6000.00 from 1 shop and I am still trying to find it cheaper. 

31 minutes ago, Simplysmn said:

No Sir your not a Jerk nor would I ever think that. Your just replying to a post .you don't know my background. But it's all good. I appreciate your help. So far what I have learned is the pump is a Caps pump but it is also 6000.00 from 1 shop and I am still trying to find it cheaper. 

Is that installed? 

Ok just a update. I found the pump with core it's going to be 4600.00 that is with a 1600.00 core charge. But it's going to take 10 days to get it. So with his 2500 dollar install fee it's not going to be that bad. Just wanted to say thank you for the replies and information. I  found it through a buddy who works for a mobile mechanic company. I will update you once I  pick it up and get it back to Tennessee.