Bedroom lites at wall sconces and under cabinet

KMagness
Go to solution Solved by RNMCBR,

The wall sconces and the lites on the underside of the overhead cabinet at the bed headboard in my 2007 Diplomat  PDQ no longer come on with the switches. I have checked all the 12 volt fuses that I could find and all appear to be good and none are labeled for those specific lites. It is unlikely that all the switches (four) themselves would fail at the same time. Looking for guidance here and any suggestions on where to find the problem and a fix.

Thanks, KMAGNESS 

10 minutes ago, KMagness said:

The wall sconces and the lites on the underside of the overhead cabinet at the bed headboard in my 2007 Diplomat  PDQ no longer come on with the switches. I have checked all the 12 volt fuses that I could find and all appear to be good and none are labeled for those specific lites. It is unlikely that all the switches (four) themselves would fail at the same time. Looking for guidance here and any suggestions on where to find the problem and a fix.

Thanks, KMAGNESS 

Pull one out.  Get VOM.  Check for positive voltage…check for ground.  ODDS ARE…the GROUND had 4 wires crammed into a butt connection and eventually it vibrates out,  losing the ground is the most common failure for multiple switches…assuming power to them.  Pull a switch…verify incoming volts here.  Good…then start chasing the ground..

you may have to go behind each one.  There are usually a panel or somewhere that you remove….

• Solution

Keith,

I have the same coach as you. My 12v wiring for the headboard and under cabinets comes from a bundle under the head of the bed in the bed box, under a panel that covers the slideout mechanism. If you remove that panel you can see where the bundle comes out if the coach floor and goes into the slideout wall. The bundle has connectors and also slack that allows it to extend with the slide out. A loose connection or broken wire there could be the source of your problem.  
If you don’t find a ground problem like Tom suggests, you might check the wiring there.

Have you used a voltmeter on/in one of the sockets?

If no voltage, have you put the meter in the continuity/beep mode if it has it to see if it beeps on one of the pins? This would indicate a working ground. Hopefully.