HELP ENGINE DIED

Go to solution Solved by cbr046,

• Solution

BINGO!!!  The IGNITION RELAY in FRB Monaco 2 was the culprit.  Being intermittent made the job that much more difficult.  😬

I swapped it to the Park Bell 1 relay.  Now when I put the coach in gear (or neutral) the beeping never stops.  So I swapped it with the Horn Relay from Monaco box 1, which are all different (or are they?).  The beeping goes away while in gear but now I don't have a horn.  Those relays are Omron (brand) 7866. 

1 minute ago, myrontruex said:

To find out what the relay controls, just pull it out. And while it is out, take some pictures of it. Might be able to come up with a simple replacement. 

Agreed, but I'm going to post separately on relays vs relays . . . The Park Bell 1 relay has signals like N SENSE NO and N SENSE NC, which could be signals to the ECM or TCM whether the coach is in neutral.  

@jacwjames Coach-Net is now $249 for a motorhome, $179 for a trailer. 

- bob

Glad you found the problem,   might pay to go buy a Powerball ticket, it +$700M now. 

$249 isn't bad, may have to check into it more. 

Here is the parts page for the relays that are in my #1 & #2 boxes.  I did a quick search using the vendor number and it looks like they are available.

https://www.amazon.com/Omron-12077866-Replacement-Relay-5810-0202/dp/B079ZRGS49

1 Relay.pdf

• Haha 1

N SENSE NO and N SENSE NC,

Sounds like Neutral Sense, Normally Open.  Neutral Sense, Normally Closed.  A simple on/off relay...

I carry multiple spares for a couple of relays. Seems they act up at the strangest times. And I own a service center for electronics. I think they just commit suicide. 

Edited by myrontruex
spelling