2003 HR Navigator Water leak! How do you remove bay ceiling panels? Other information?

Joint Venture
Go to solution Solved by Flyinhy,

While camping in a COE campground I was hit with an 80 pound pressure surge for a short while. Long story on why I neglected to install my pressure regulator but the results is now a water leak on the supply line in the coach. Whether on city water or coach water pump it leaks from the ceiling of the water compartment and the compartment in front of it on passenger side. If I turn off city water or the water pump all the leaks stop. What is best way to remove the ceiling without doing more damage? I suspect either a coupling has been destroyed or a line has burst because the level of water coming from the kitchen faucet is about 1/2 of normal. and city water will not build enough pressure to stop.

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2003 HR Navigator Water leak! How do you remove bay ceiling panels? Other information?
1 hour ago, Flyinhy said:

I suspect the icemaker line. Is your fridge directly above that compartment? Follow that line down to the manifold and turn it off. 

X2 on this, if it is the icemaker line you might have a small valve to turn it off if it goes through a water filter.   My water filter for the ice maker is under my sink with a small T handle type valve to turn it off.

If not the ice maker line you should be able to shut of each of the valves on the manabloc which should be located near your water pump.  Looks something like this

https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/monaco-12-port-rv-manabloc-36641-p/190007.htm?click=3309&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine

2 hours ago, Flyinhy said:

I suspect the icemaker line. Is your fridge directly above that compartment? Follow that line down to the manifold and turn it off. 

Ice maker line runs from fridge to water compartment and has a valve where it's connected the main water pressure line. Closed valve and applied city water pressure at 40PSI and after watching it for 15 minutes or so did not see any water leak. Appears that ice maker line is bad. Thank you for the suggestion.

Not sure what kind of refrigerator you have.

I had a Norcold initially.  The waterline would come up from the floor and then attach to the ice maker valve but it had a sharp bend in it to make the connection.  Over ~10 years I had several leaks develop at the bend.  The ice maker tubing would develop pin hole leaks in the bend, I could see hair line cracks in the tubing. 

I finally bought a short wire braided type hose from Lowes with the right ends and added that.  The new hose makes the bend and the small 1/4" PVC tubing connects to it.  NO MORE LEAKS. 

Since then I've changed to a residential but used the same hose to absorb the weight of the tubing where it connects to the Samsung refrigerator. 

Very happy to hear all the good tips and I will be looking at replacing the hose as I don't want to give up using my ice maker. Does anyone know what pressure the system can manage. Looking at replacing the water pump and undecided on what is best as the range of pumps run from 35-70psi and 3 - 7 GPM flow rate.

Pex tubing itself is not the limiting factor, it can withstand well over 100 psi, temperature dependent. It is the other stuff hooked to it that may have problems, as you found out. I personally set the shore regulator at 55 psi which is about what my pump can do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1