Monaco Acronyms and the MYSTERY of Model and Floor Plan Descriptions….Discussion

Well I've searched high & I've searched low & have not been successful in finding

out what PBDD stands for in beaver Santiam 38PBDD. I'm sure it's so simple if only 

I had a "V8" could be applied here. So let me have it folks. I'm prepared...

This article from an old Monaco Coach Corp may help. While it doesn’t contain every combination, it does come straight from a Monaco Coach Corporation Tech Support newsletter: 

PBDD = Private (single) Bath, Double (slide) Dinette

• Like 2

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Monaco Acronyms and the MYSTERY of Model and Floor Plan Descriptions….Discussion

40SKQ

Forty feet along approx, Side Radiator, Kitchen in slide, Quad slides. 

I've lost track of the designations but probably have them in my pile of files. 

51 minutes ago, John9861 said:

Hmmm. Let's see. Beaver Santiam 38 PBDDDQFR   

Private Bath Double Slide Dinette Diesel Queen Bed in Master Front & Rear TV's

That's better more complete

I think that I got a TWO FACTOR code when I tried to purchase a $5 bottle of vitamins from some website that was that long...  The Monaco Gurus did what the wanted to.....

11 hours ago, 96 EVO said:

I think my PDQ model is Private bath and Quad slides.

Not sure what the 'D' stands for.

Ben, @96 EVO  

here's my take on your PDQ coach.  Someone will prove me wrong, I know.

@Bill R and I have very similar coaches.  Same year, color scheme, and when we compare placement of different electronics, nearly identical.   The only difference I can figure is the center of the coach (kitchen and bathroom) is reversed.   He has the PDQ.    I have a PEQ.   I think the 'D' means the private toilet in on the drivers side.  My 'E' has the toilet on the passenger side.  What the E stands for, IDK.  Maybe "Entrance"?

But monaco wasn't consistent over all models and years. Seems like the only thing they were consistent on was the # of slides and corresponding "D, T, or Q.  (double, triple, or Quad) 

Edited by windsorbill06

5 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Bill, my toilet room is on the passenger side 🙂.

See, that didn't take long to blow out my theory  lol.

Any now that I think about it, maybe Bill R's toilet is same.   

Is your fridge on drivers side?

Edited by windsorbill06

Ha!

You must remember the long thread we had on this topic several years ago on IRV, and, every time we thought we had figured out that middle letter, someone came along to blow that theory!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 96 EVO said:

Ha!

You must remember the long thread we had on this topic several years ago on IRV, and, every time we thought we had figured out that middle letter, someone came along to blow that theory!

Yea I do.   I think it's a mystery that went down with the ship when Monaco closed up.  

22 minutes ago, windsorbill06 said:

Ben, @96 EVO  

here's my take on your PDQ coach.  Someone will prove me wrong, I know.

@Bill R and I have very similar coaches.  Same year, color scheme, and when we compare placement of different electronics, nearly identical.   The only difference I can figure is the center of the coach (kitchen and bathroom) is reversed.   He has the PDQ.    I have a PEQ.   I think the 'D' means the private toilet in on the drivers side.  My 'E' has the toilet on the passenger side.  What the E stands for, IDK.  Maybe "Entrance"?

But monaco wasn't consistent over all models and years. Seems like the only thing they were consistent on was the # of slides and corresponding "D, T, or Q.  (double, triple, or Quad) 

This AIN’T a contest or oneupmanship event. So the following as just an observation….or bewilderment.  LOL!😝 

I know very little about the nomenclature or the coding scheme.  But as a 2009 Camelot owner…

https://www.monacocoach.com/resources/media/user/1476903778_brc_pdf.pdf

The 42 and 38 PDQ have the “private toilets” reversed.  I can’t decipher the difference between the 38 PDQ and my 40 QDP.

So…who knows?  I don’t….

IMG_1102.png

IMG_1101.png

7 minutes ago, windsorbill06 said:

See, that didn't take long to blow out my theory  lol.

Any now that I think about it, maybe Bill R's toilet is same.   

Is your fridge on drivers side?

The Monaco Coach “manual/brochure” site is a “home screen” icon on all my devices….

21 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

Strange!

I always thought they used the last letter for the number of slides, but apparently even that isn't always the case!

Me too.   

Thanks Tom, for sharing that.     Maybe the guy that designed the brochure had dyslexia ?  

Kidding, of course.  But makes me wonder what they were thinking.  

1 hour ago, 96 EVO said:

Strange!

I always thought they used the last letter for the number of slides, but apparently even that isn't always the case!

In the case of my previous Windsor, that was true, The model was a PBT, with 3 slides. The Dynasty Countess III is very clear, 3 slides.

When looking through Scotty's posted document, I don't see any definition for a model PST but I know there is a PST 3 slide floor-pan for the 2002 Windsor.

Edited by Dr4Film

On 1/14/2024 at 5:47 AM, Scotty Hutto said:

This article from an old Monaco Coach Corp may help. While it doesn’t contain every combination, it does come straight from a Monaco Coach Corporation Tech Support newsletter: 

PBDD = Private (single) Bath, Double (slide) Dinette

i HAVE 2003 CAMELOT 40 PST WHAT IS THIS CODE

36 minutes ago, djlgnd said:

i HAVE 2003 CAMELOT 40 PST WHAT IS THIS CODE

Well, I can decipher P=Private bath (not “W” walk-thru or “D” double bath) and T=Triple slide. 

The “S” could be several things… “Sofa on Slide” or “Sink on Slide” were two common ones.

my 40DST has both a sofa and sink on slides…

Could be “Supreme, Super, or Splendiferous”

or maybe it’s just there to confuse everyone…🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, George L said:

My Imperial has private bath free standing dinette and quad slides

Yeah, we "thought" the D & B may be dinette and booth, but someone would always prove us wrong!

4 hours ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Well, I can decipher P=Private bath (not “W” walk-thru or “D” double bath) and T=Triple slide. 

The “S” could be several things… “Sofa on Slide” or “Sink on Slide” were two common ones.

my 40DST has both a sofa and sink on slides…

Could be “Supreme, Super, or Splendiferous”

or maybe it’s just there to confuse everyone…🤣

got plenty of snow flakes here in the mountains of Canada. B.C.  and 20 below as well, but this Monaco goes through the winters easy peasy

1 hour ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Meaning no two are alike… not the more recent political meaning. 🤣

yup plenty of those here in the mountains of B.C. Canada been 22 below this past 2 weeks

I have a 40 Windsor PST I always thought the S was side radiator I do have a sink and sofa on my passenger slide so now I am not sure what the S is