2009 Monaco Sig CCM. Need North Georgia recommendation for tech & repairs. Rear slide mechanical issues? Thanks

Hello gang,

I am in North Georgia with a 2009 Monaco Signature Commander IV.   I have a mechanical problem with left rear slide and am trying to find any service location that may be willing to address this issue with me?

Any feedback from out there in the Monaco diaspora would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Miller

706-669-2363

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Patriot Thunder CCM. Need recommendation for tech & repairs. Rear slide. Thanks

Be aware.  Your Slide control function is probably on the House System.  But since you have the Kongsberg CCM, don’t let anyone work on the MH if they stare back blankly at you or say “what’s that”.  The most truated source is about 7 hours south in Brooksville, FL.  Talin RV. Chris Throgmartin is the owner and a great resource here.  @throgmartin and you can PM him.

Hopefully others will chime in….but just be aware, any work on the rig should only be made by techs that understand the CCM and know better than to do things that could damage it.

• Like 1

• Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Patriot Thunder CCM. Need North Georgia recommendation for tech & repairs. Rear slide mechanical issues? Thanks
  • Tom Cherry changed the title to 2009 Monaco Sig CCM. Need North Georgia recommendation for tech & repairs. Rear slide mechanical issues? Thanks
5 minutes ago, 96 EVO said:

So, which model do you 'actually' have?

The Monaco Sig, or the Beaver 🤔.

My bad, somehow Patriot Thunder came out of my  KB. FIXED. Sorry for confusion.  Thanks for catching that

Just have to ask...  If a mechanical issue with a rear slide, what is the concern since it has a CCM electrical system?  i have a 2008 Beaver Contessa which has the Kongsburg System.

Ron

Tom, Et Al:

We wont work on anything electrical if the coach has a Kongsburg system. While I am confident our techs would never cause a short that would fry the CCM, I do not want the liability. If the Kongsburg CCM got fried a few months after we worked on it we would be in the line of fire and included in any lawsuit an owner may have.

We work on Sigs, dynasty's and Beavers a great deal but if it has a Kongsburg system we wont touch anything electrical 12 V DC or 120 VAC. We concentrate on slide floors, belt lines, roof's, etc when it comes to the Big Buses that have the Kongsburg system.

In regards to your slide, what mechanical issues are you having ? Is this slide an HWH space saver slide ? These are questions you would need to answer in order for me to recommend someone. Some slides are easy to work on while others, like the HWH space saver is an utter nightmare. Work on an HWH slide is best left to an experienced technician who knows the HWH assemblies. There is too much that can go wrong when screwing with an HWH system and we have had our fair share of coaches come in that we had to repair because some tech thought they knew how to adjust and work on HWH slides.

Edited by throgmartin

On 2/25/2024 at 2:27 PM, throgmartin said:

Tom, Et Al:

We wont work on anything electrical if the coach has a Kongsburg system. While I am confident our techs would never cause a short that would fry the CCM, I do not want the liability. If the Kongsburg CCM got fried a few months after we worked on it we would be in the line of fire and included in any lawsuit an owner may have.

We work on Sigs, dynasty's and Beavers a great deal but if it has a Kongsburg system we wont touch anything electrical 12 V DC or 120 VAC. We concentrate on slide floors, belt lines, roof's, etc when it comes to the Big Buses that have the Kongsburg system.

In regards to your slide, what mechanical issues are you having ? Is this slide an HWH space saver slide ? These are questions you would need to answer in order for me to recommend someone. Some slides are easy to work on while others, like the HWH space saver is an utter nightmare. Work on an HWH slide is best left to an experienced technician who knows the HWH assemblies. There is too much that can go wrong when screwing with an HWH system and we have had our fair share of coaches come in that we had to repair because some tech thought they knew how to adjust and work on HWH slides.

The biggest concern on a chassis multiplex coach is that when you bring it to a shop for any service or repairs, the shop does not either plug it into shore power or shut OFF the battery disconnect switches if the coach is going to sit awaiting repairs. 

If a Kongsberg chassis multiplex coaches sits for days on the lot with the battery switches turned ON, you run the risk of the house batteries slowing going dead and damaging the multiplex dash switch modules.   These Eaton E-30 dash modules can't be powered at less than 4 VDC for more than 5 minutes according to the Eaton spec sheet. 

I just recently repaired 3 damaged dash switch modules on a coach that sat at a repair shop and the batteries went dead.