2006 Diplomat entrance Door paddle latch

20240326_141011.thumb.jpg.8c070a03de9caed70fe23d750b94227b.jpgDoes anybody know of a replacement for the entrance Door exterior paddle latch and key handle for an 06 Diplomat? It is the rectangle one, not the radius top and bottom. Maybe a part number or something where I can try to find an existing original?

For my '05 Diplomat, I got tired of having to slap the lever toward the back of the coach to get the door open.  Kids and grands thought the door was locked when it wasn't.

RVPartsCenter.com had SKU# 61293, TriMark RV Door Lock Replacemnt for 13238-04, 22660-04.   It superceded my original part number.

When it arrived, it wouldn't fit in the hole in my door.  I called their Customer Service.  He was nice and explained because of the redesign, the door needs to be notched out.  I was none too happy about taking an oscillating tool to the door, but I did.  As I recall it was a very small corner that had to be notched out to allow the new handle to fit inside.  I'm VERY happy with the new action of the replacement.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The original is more square with slightly radiused corners, and the replacement that supersedes the original appears to be slightly rounded on the top. Did you have white paint showing around the top of the newer version? If so, how did you address that?

Edited by Kenster

15 hours ago, Kenster said:

The original is more square with slightly radiused corners, and the replacement that supersedes the original appears to be slightly rounded on the top. Did you have white paint showing around the top of the newer version? If so, how did you address that?

Fortunately on mine, no un-painted area was visible with the new handle.   The replacement costs around $50 and $10 for shipping

Edited by bklaes

18 hours ago, Kenster said:

I took some aluminum (think sheet metal) from Lowes and cut it to size and rounded corners.  Pre-fit it and then cleaned it real well with vinegar, primed and painted it.  It's been about 5 years and held up pretty well.  Can remember if I used Rustoleum "Hammered" paint or possibly just gloss black.  You could alway have it powered coated.  Picture not the best, but it almost looks OEM.

door handle.jpg

Edited by windsorbill06
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I did the exact same thing but I used a thin piece of brown Perspex cut to size by a professional sign writer. 
There is nothing like the Monaco owner. 🙂🙂🙂🙂