What's it called? Roof/Sidewall connection

1 minute ago, AndyinMelbourne said:

I believe it is just a trim piece over the belt-line.

I thought that was the name of the side seals between the storage doors and side panels? These are 2 different seems and i don't want to take one off to an idea until i have replacements in hand. Like a gasket on an engine...always fine until you replace something that you have to replace it, then it usually leaks for some reason or another. The caps seals are slightly larger too. The part above the drivers side window to the slide-out needs replaced. I am guess i am at the point of this vehicles age where i could either cake another coating of sealant on top of how many other layers, or scrape it all off and replace it properly. 

12 minutes ago, Scotty Hutto said:

Eternabond tape. I believe Monaco didn’t actually use Eternabond brand tape, but had their own product that is very similar.  

It isn't a tape of any kind. It seems to be of same material as the side moldings/seal which i think is called the belt molding. 

It's the same kind of joint as the horizontal belt line(s).  There are four on each side of the body - lower, which you described, upper - where the roofline is connected to the sidewalls, front - where the front cap connects to the sidewalls, and the rear - where the rear cap connects to the sidewalls. On my motorhome, all of these seams have had portions fail and needed to be re-worked with stainless steel rivets and sealant. The cap is generally re-usable if you are careful in removing it.

• Like 1

Ok, I was reading your question to be where the front cap connects to the roof.  

To clarify —>

front/rear cap to roof = eternabond tape

roof to sidewalls = belt line as described above

• Like 1

• Scotty Hutto changed the title to What's it called? Roof/Sidewall connection

The seal i was wanting the name of is in the yellow box. The red circle is a crack i need to fix as well. I guessing it is a stress crack? There are a couple along the 4 corners of the coach. The horizontel seal right below the yellow box is the belt molding, but it is smaller and different design then the verticle. The horizontal looks like it is a rubber seal pressure fitting into a rail i am guessing, the other one covers the entire thing and is sealed with sealant. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e479a63fc9e9655f94a6b948c178b7b.jpeg

Dan that is not a seal just a covering for an aluminum extrusion underneath. It is very flexible and if you need it off it should pull off and be reusable. There is likely caulking along one or both edges. Clean that off and reuse then fresh caulk. I you are having leaks there then likely broken/rusted screws. Comin issue on these vintage of coaches both top and bottom beltlines. Good luck Don

• Like 1

In my owners manual box thing, there is a note from Monaco on something, i don't recall now, that stated customer ordered the entire lower portion to be white with no decals or anything, from the side belt molding on down. So everything is white all the way around except for the near center decal which comes to a point about 2 inches on the main storage door on both sides. Right across the painted belt molding top piece and everything. The decal is reddish color and i have no idea how faded. Cracks me up that they did that. When i repaint the lower portion just something else to have to grind out.

21 hours ago, Donflem said:

I just had mine done they just pulled back the rubber molding and replaced all the screws and used the same molding.Don61480090-F94E-42CD-8F95-6B19B055AF14.thumb.jpeg.4a76d5e7cec12284c163af338dfa3220.jpeg942AF310-B7BA-4002-9D5D-7691099F6C50.thumb.jpeg.37378fbfff1d5655e07a8dace27803a8.jpeg

I like that color scheme on your coach. Looks sharp!

On 4/6/2024 at 10:45 AM, Donflem said:

I just had mine done they just pulled back the rubber molding and replaced all the screws and used the same molding.Don61480090-F94E-42CD-8F95-6B19B055AF14.thumb.jpeg.4a76d5e7cec12284c163af338dfa3220.jpeg942AF310-B7BA-4002-9D5D-7691099F6C50.thumb.jpeg.37378fbfff1d5655e07a8dace27803a8.jpeg

would like full colour pic of your unit, as i have 2003 Camelot and need to do some repainting as well