Strange water leak / Need some knowledgeable assistance please

While I was removing passenger side console to check wiring inside, when I removed, the screw from the console water started to come out.

About 1.5 glass of water came out and stopped. There is NO water line(s) inside of the wall to my knowledge.

We are in AZ where the temp is @ 99F now and rained only once for about 10 minutes about 4 days ago...

What could this be?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

Attaching some photos.

20240522_094106.jpg

20240522_094114.jpg

You have a water leak.

Anywhere above where you saw the water.  Look at drip rails, screws, AC units, etc.  Windshield surround.

Everything on the roof.  Clean and recaulk anything suspect.  Dicor is typically what is used.

My suggestion is that it might be condensate from your AC drains. I’m not sure if a Cheetah has drain lines for condensate, or it just runs across the roof (like my Diplomat), but I suspect AC condensate and a possible leak in your belt line above the drivers window. Or the condensate drain line is plugged, leaking, etc.  

Thats one area I would try to track down. Windows do leak, and that could be the culprit, but it’s more common for belt lines to leak. 

…and a hint from the voice of experience… you can’t *really* tell if a belt line has popped by looking at it from the ground.  They can look fine from the ground and be totally separated on top.  Get on a ladder or up on the roof and check it from above.  

• Thanks 1

OK...time to MAKE RAIN.  Flood the window.  Start at the bottom...  that will tell you whether it is in tract or what.  Mine showed up on the inside....NOT in the body.

Then start on each side and work your way up...  ESPECIALLY the top...

ODDS ARE, unless Scotty's comment is correct, it is in a FRAME SEAL.  Where the Frame meets the body.  These caulked joints fail. It it is on the top...big time.  But on the sides, blowing rain will come in.

Proflex is what you should use.  Use a "bent ice pick" and clean out the old caulk.  I would dampen a cloth with a smidge of ACETONE.  Wipe the edge of the frame and joint (think using a Q-TIP...not a wadded up rag..) That gets rid of debris and also activates the surface.  

Then, Recaulk.  Time to check the OTHER windows and all the joints.  This is ONGOING...

• Like 1

I had the same issue as described in this following post.  Since then I have not had any water coming out of a small pilot hole I drilled to monitor.  Been in lots of rain storms.  When I bought the coach 3 years ago I caulked every inch of it I could.  

Check your belt molding all the way around the coach.  If the caulk seam fails and water gets in there is a potential for it to flow a long ways. 

I had a bad leak passenger side rear, ended up causing an area of delamination that I was able somewhat repair with epoxy but not the best option.  The leak was in the belt molding.  I ended up redoing all of the caulk, first scraping out the old, cleaning, taping off the area to be caulk and seal with Geocel.

3 hours ago, jacwjames said:

Check your belt molding all the way around the coach.  If the caulk seam fails and water gets in there is a potential for it to flow a long ways. 

I had a bad leak passenger side rear, ended up causing an area of delamination that I was able somewhat repair with epoxy but not the best option.  The leak was in the belt molding.  I ended up redoing all of the caulk, first scraping out the old, cleaning, taping off the area to be caulk and seal with Geocel.

I have a question about the beltline.  Everyone says to make sure the vinyl capping strip is water-tight but shouldn't the metal beltline underneath already be waterproof?  Doesn't it have a strip of butyl tape or something under it?  It would seem to me that the molding should be cosmetic and not be the functional water seal??

42 minutes ago, RoadTripper2084 said:

I have a question about the beltline.  Everyone says to make sure the vinyl capping strip is water-tight but shouldn't the metal beltline underneath already be waterproof?  Doesn't it have a strip of butyl tape or something under it?  It would seem to me that the molding should be cosmetic and not be the functional water seal??

"should the metal beltline underneath be waterproof"

It should, but they leak.  The fasteners monaco used (at least on mine), were steel and rusted.  Some completely failed.  And my coach is kept indoors.     Enough fasteners rust off, and the entire belt line starts to pull away from wall.

IMO, just running sealant above the vinyl portion is only a bandaid.  The vinyl cover needs to be pulled back and fasteners inspected and replaced, as needed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, windsorbill06 said:

"should the metal beltline underneath be waterproof"

It should, but they leak.  The fasteners monaco used (at least on mine), were steel and rusted.  Some completely failed.  And my coach is kept indoors.     Enough fasteners rust off, and the entire belt line starts to pull away from wall.

IMO, just running sealant above the vinyl portion is only a bandaid.  The vinyl cover needs to be pulled back and fasteners inspected and replaced, as needed.

Yeah, I have 3 corners coming off that I've secured with copious amounts of proflex but my beltlines are going to need to be re-secured.