I am pulling my Kustom Fit captains chairs out to get them redone and have looked on the site to find information about removal but all I find is about removing the base with the bolts that go through the floor. I want to leave the base pedestals and just remove the chairs. Is this possible? If anyone has experience with this I am heading over tomorrow afternoon to remove them and would appreciate any feedback. I know I have to disconnect the power cable to the chair but not sure how it comes off from the pedestal or base. 

Your coach should have come from Monaco with Villa International captain's chairs.  They have four 3/4" hex head bolts going into the floor.  I'm not sure you can remove them any other way.  They are very heavy!

I redid my chairs last year and removed them from the floor.  I found it helpful to have the pedestals still on while working on them.  As Vito says... they are very heavy.  At least two to get them in and out the door. 

chair before 1.jpg

chair after 1.jpg

Mike, trust me, it is  a lot easier to remove the seat from the swivel base AFTER you remove the entire seat from the floor.

There are 5 huge bolts holding the base to the floor.

Good luck!

Before and after photos of your chairs will be an added benefit for the members plus the vendor where you are having them done.

I would like to recommend either pulling the fuse ir disconnet power to your chairs. When mine were pulled out the wiring harness would not fit through opening in the chair base and had to be cut to remove chair and base. Then after chairs are put back in you can reattach the wiring.

I just had mine reupholstered. I removed mine from the base.  Wasn't that hard.  Used the power button to slide the seat forward & back to gain access to the 4 bolts in the bottom slide rail track that mount it to the base. Don't forget to unclip the cable that goes to the rotate swivel lock, and unplug the electric after the 4 bolts are out.

On 5/24/2024 at 10:14 AM, amphi_sc said:

I just had mine reupholstered. I removed mine from the base.  Wasn't that hard.  Used the power button to slide the seat forward & back to gain access to the 4 bolts in the bottom slide rail track that mount it to the base. Don't forget to unclip the cable that goes to the rotate swivel lock, and unplug the electric after the 4 bolts are out.

Thanks for all the info from everyone. I will post what works best when I remove them. Unfortunately it’s going to be on hold because the place we are taking them is backed up till July.