Monaco and HR twins

Does anyone know the equivalent Monaco model of my 2005 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40 PLQ?

Thanks,       
Ed

Edited by saflyer

1 hour ago, saflyer said:

Does anyone know the equivalent Monaco model of my 2005 Holiday Rambler 40 PLQ?

Thanks,       
Ed

Ed I believe the Monaco Knight is the sister coach to your Ambassador.

Chad

I believe the Ambassador is equal to the Knight. Endeavor and Diplomat are equal.

Pretty sure but not positive. 
Found this on the internet!

Only 7 compared to 8 Monaco’s

Holiday Rambler Pecking Order

• Navigator
  • Imperial
  • Scepter
  • Endeavor SE
  • Endeavor
  • Ambassador
  • Neptune
  • Monaco Pecking Order

Signature

Executive

Dynasty

Windsor

Camelot

Diplomat

Knight

Cayman

15 minutes ago, Chuck B said:

The equivalent is a 2005 Windsor.

Thanks,

Ed

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

I believe the Ambassador is equal to the Knight. Endeavor and Diplomat are equal.

• Navigator
  • Imperial
  • Scepter
  • Endeavor SE
  • Endeavor
  • Ambassador
  • Neptune
  • Monaco Pecking Order

Signature

Executive

Dynasty

Windsor

Camelot

Diplomat

Knight

Cayman

Which order are they in? Best on top or bottom?

Ed

Windsor is way above Ambassador

2 hours ago, ljrambler said:

Yes, endeavor and Diplomat are the same as are ambassador and knight.  I have a 2004 endeavor.  Sure this is correct.  Which model do you have?

Thanks, glad to reply to your inquiry

Sorry.  I see now I left out Ambassador in my original post and just said Holiday Rambler 40 PLQ.  Makes a big difference in the question.

i do my best proofreading after I hit send.  Unfortunately I didn’t even catch it then.

Thanks all for bearing with me.

Ed

Edited by saflyer

So does my 09 Knight.

Were the ones mentioned sister models (same chassis and essentially the same Motorhome except for slight style and trim differences) as is the case with Wenebago and Itasca, Or are they completely different Motorhomes but roughly equivalent in level? 

Here's some notes I've been gathering about model comparisons across the Monaco brands.

I do know that Monaco would include higher brand features down the line (Camelot got some Dynasty features with new model years).

I attached the image of the comparison table. I'm not easily able to paste the table or image of table.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 10.21.36 AM.png

JDStew

I have owned both an Executive (2001) and an HR Navigator (2003).  I can confirm that they are virtually identical.  Not sure about the better woodwork comment, They came off the same assembly line in Coburg OR. (along with the Signature), and I could not tell the difference between woodwork quality on my 2 rigs.  Both were Cherry wood.

A few items on the wiring diagram referred to options only available on the Signature.  (They had to do something to justify the higher price of the Sig.)

Thanks for the excellent list.

Dale

Ed:

I can tell you without a doubt the Ambassador and Knights are identical. The only difference is in the front and rear caps and interior fabrics and colors.

Both - the Ambassadors and Knights shared the same exact floor plans, same engine, tranny, RR8R chassis, interior appointments, awnings, slide topper assemblies, etc.

and options.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Gary M said:

• Navigator
  • Imperial
  • Scepter
  • Endeavor SE
  • Endeavor
  • Ambassador
  • Neptune
  • Monaco Pecking Order

Signature

Executive

Dynasty

Windsor

Camelot

Diplomat

Knight

Cayman

And you can add the Monaco LaPalma and it's equivalent HR Vacationer to the bottom of the list.  They had diesel pusher models between 2006 and 2009.

Bruce LaHargoue

Agree on the woodworking, I think at least the higher end coaches all had comparable quality.  The higher end Beavers were unique in the multiple species of wood on the raise panel doors.    I do some wood working and the fit and finish on my Windsor is very good.   I've got Walnut, really looks good. 

23 hours ago, JDStew said:

Here's some notes I've been gathering about model comparisons across the Monaco brands.

I do know that Monaco would include higher brand features down the line (Camelot got some Dynasty features with new model years).

I attached the image of the comparison table. I'm not easily able to paste the table or image of table.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 10.21.36 AM.png

A correction re: Beavers. The Beaver Santiam was the same coach as the Diplomat. The Monterey was somewhere between the Camelot and the Windsor. 

We were fulltimers in both those Beaver models over the course of 13 years.

-- 

Dave Rudisill

Edited by rudisill99

In regards to the Beavers, once you got into the higher end models, they maintained a few Beaver specific construction techniques that was held over from when they were a stand alone coach brand.  One huge difference is The Marquis and Thunder's slide build designs. 

The higher end Beavers slide construction was much more robust then any of the HR or Monaco models. Their slide bottom corners were properly built and encapsulated and they added a couple extra cross braces in the walls and the floor.

Also on the higher end Beavers their use of burl wood designs was amazing. They had some of the best cabinetry in the industry. For some reason, after Monaco bought Beaver they took the high end models and continued building them according to the Beaver construction designs. The lower end models were all transferred over to Monaco build design specs.  I can honestly say that if Monaco adopted the Beaver slide design I would be out of business.  I cannot remember ever selling a Guardian Plate system for a high end Beaver.

• Thanks 1

Guest Cruzbill

One proud Beaver owner here, glad to see you still have other coaches to work on! One less thing for me to worry about. Oh, and with the Patriot, you could order with or without the 'Thunder' package; in my 2005, that includes an upgrade to a C-13 CAT, 525hp and Allison 4000 tranny.