Crash repair Update, 1998 Monaco Dynasty no slides 40 ft. model

Good Day All,

I am very encouraged seeing the photos coming in from Ultimate Collision and RV in Peoria.  Their fiberglass folks are real artists.  Thanks to Don Fleming, we got two doors from a burned out Monaco in Victorville, and the staff at Ultimate were able to get the pieces they needed from Arizona RV salvage in Glendale.  With such a huge chunk of the side blown out onto the Bakersfield freeway, it is amazing they are able to recreate what it looked like. Hope to get it out by first of August and they will repaint the repairs.  When Visione in Kentucky had absolutely no parts for it, and all other salvage yards came up empty handed, I feel fortunate so far. I'll post the accident photos and where they are today. Thanks for all the good advice.

20240521_151102.jpg

20240521_151108.jpg

20240521_182110.jpg

IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

IMG_4049.jpg

• Like 9

Yes, thanks to all and I am most appreciative of Sunny and his staff getting the rig INSIDE to start work  on it. Its been 117 degrees everyday and our food cans would pop! He got it into a bay as soon as he could.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Us to.  Might be able to get on vacation yet. What is interesting is that the large piece they used to patch the side came from a Monaco Diplomat, destroyed by engine fire. Two doors we got were from a Monaco Dynasty, destroyed by engine fire.  I know that we have had 3 fuel leaks in the back from a problematic hose that Cummins used to pump fuel back into the tank after, I think, using it for cooling or something.  And it  seemed to sprout leaks easier than it should where it rubbed on things. I also had to patch the short rubber fuel line that came from the engine block to the fuel filter. That was shooting out fuel last year. We paid Freightliner over $2000 to run a new return  fuel line up to the tank several years ago.  In hearing about the RVs  destroyed by engine fire, that came to mind.  We have an 8.3 L turbo cummins engine.

Preston,

The fiberglass guy did a great job.  I think you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. 

I can't remember seeing the final outcome in regards to insurance, did they total the coach and if so what was the settlement. 

Oh yes, they couldn't wait to total this. That was the first word out of the adjusters mouth.  They even had tow truck people calling me to pick it up and I refused as all our stuff was still in it and food in the fridge. Told them to stay away as I was buying it back.   I  have a confidentiality clause in effect for the settlement. My company is going after the other driver who they believe was at fault.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill, came out a little in the hole, but we thought it worth it to get our well maintained rig back. Our insurance company going after the other guy now. Had I had my dash cam on, I could have proven we were not at fault. Expensive lesson for sure.

• Like 2

Don, thanks so much for getting this miraculous repair going.  I agree, its like The RV went back in a time machine. Looks new!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1