Coolant Expansion Tank Replacement

I'm starting a new topic since I couldn't find where to get a replacement expansion tank.

The expansion tank on my '03 Windsor 370 ISL is developing a small hole and is weeping antifreeze under pressure.  Is there a way to repair this hole?

I would like to replace the tank if anyone knows where one would be available.  

Thanks for any information.

Tony Chiulli

'03 Windsor, 05 Ram

Here I copied/pasted this from a photo on a recent thread if your wanting to replace with a nice AL tig welded one. Check out their website. There may be others but this is a start. 

IMG_0823.png

IMG_0825.png

• Like 1

If you are looking for a wuick fix use this. Mine started leaking while on holidays a couple years ago and I picked up a can of this sprayed on a couple coats, let it sit for a an hour and drove 3500 miles home without a drop leaking. Since then I gave it another spray for good measure and still haven't had any leaks again what so ever. I do plan on replacing it just haven't got around to it yet. It says for low pressure but like I said mine hasn't leaked since.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptx-82099?seid=srese1&ppckw=pmax-oils-fluids-sealer&gclid=Cj0KCQjwv7O0BhDwARIsAC0sjWMh77mKKqfuGCb1YiDE112iveHkldof_SkU9MWhdzBIlMPBDShxfkYaAtruEALw_wcB

Thank you all for the quick reply.  I've got a 450 to 500 mi trip starting this weekend and the new aluminum replacement tank that was suggested cannot ship until

next week.  So I will try the spray to cover this trip and order the replacement aluminum tank to replace it when I get home.  I'll post the results.

Tony 

• Like 1

You might consider loosening the pressure cap on the reservoir.  You'll lose some cooling capability but not lose coolant as quickly.  It may bubble over, too.  Just something to watch.

- bob

I actually already ordered the sealer spray and the tank from C-Low Fab and Performance.  The tank from Izzy Fab looks pretty awesome also.

I was planning to use a lower pressure cap for this trip and keep tabs on the coolant level.  Plus carry a few gals of coolant just in case!  I have time to try the sealant spray, then use the pressure tester to see if it holds. The leak is so small now under pressure that I don't think I'll have a problem.  Thanks again for all the responses.

Tony