Low water pressure help

MHRookie

All,

I’ve read tons of threads and still need some help.  2003 Monaco Dynasty 42’ w/ hose reel for city water hookup.  This coachs’ water pressure is not good.  I’ve traced water lines and don’t see a reducer or check valve.  In wet bay, I have 1/4 turn Sioux Chief ball valve (tank fill) and a city water hookup brass fitting (I heard this is a reducer and/or a check valve)... no filters are in canisters. Hooking water to hose reel doesn’t flow through wet bay brass fittings.... I cannot see anything resembling a check valve in filter bay. 

Is there a check valve in the aqua hot system?  This is my fifth year with this coach & it seems to have gotten worse.  One last note... the jabsco pressure bladder is busted so it don’t work properly...

any ideas would be great.

thanks,

Kurt

A couple things to clarify. You say there's no filters. If that because you've never put them in or your coach didn't come with the filtration system? While not pertinent, because it only minimizes pump recycling, pulsating and pressure spikes, why haven't you fixed the Jabsco accumulator? Finally, saying your water pressure is bad doesn't really help. Your definition and mine might differ. 50psi is ok for me but you may need 100psi. Yes?

Now on to your questions as you asked them. There are check valves in your system, yes. But those check valves are really one way valves so your water doesn't get back into their water system. There are no reducers involved. Now your kitchen and your shower faucets will have reducer washers inside. Remove the shower head, remove the washer and reinstall. Also, there is a misconception relative to water PRESSURE and water FLOW and one's perception of how they differ. In order to properly answer your questions, let us know what the pressure is coming from the source. Then check the pressure inside the coach. Is your outside shower faucet(s) shut off completely.?? Is there a significant difference in the water flow out of the bathroom versus the kitchen or the shower? Your hose real most likely will have a one way valve inside it as well, mine did. I removed all mine as I have one at the beginning of my water supply. Mine comes from the spigot to a whole house filter, through the water softener then into the coach where it's filtered again, twice, before reaching the faucets inside. This allows a free flow of the water from the source. Let us know as you proceed. Good luck....Dennis

Edited by Dennis H

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for ...hopefully it helps ..?   I tore my whole water system apart looking for the check valve and found it as I tore the last of it apart !!
This is where mine was ...in the water bay where you hook your fresh water hose ... and it had a piece of charcoal from an inline filter stuck in there ...for some reason it didn't have a screen in it at the time but it does now ! 

IMG_E3675.JPG

IMG_E3676.JPG

IMG_E3677.JPG

IMG_E3678.JPG

• Like 1

17 hours ago, armstrong1869@gmail.com said:

All,

I’ve read tons of threads and still need some help.  2003 Monaco Dynasty 42’ w/ hose reel for city water hookup.  This coachs’ water pressure is not good.  I’ve traced water lines and don’t see a reducer or check valve.  In wet bay, I have 1/4 turn Sioux Chief ball valve (tank fill) and a city water hookup brass fitting (I heard this is a reducer and/or a check valve)... no filters are in canisters. Hooking water to hose reel doesn’t flow through wet bay brass fittings.... I cannot see anything resembling a check valve in filter bay. 

Is there a check valve in the aqua hot system?  This is my fifth year with this coach & it seems to have gotten worse.  One last note... the jabsco pressure bladder is busted so it don’t work properly...

any ideas would be great.

thanks,

Kurt

With no filters in the canisters it could be a challenge.  On my Windsor I know that when the filters start to clog then the pressure really drops.  DW doesn't like that so filter changes are a regular part of maintenance.

Edited by michaelivan

Dennis H...

jabsco tank... just haven’t gotten to it yet.

filrers - canisters are there but for psi test I removed them.

wet bay- has 1/4” ball valve for city or tank full.  Hose bib appears to have a reducer & a check valve inline.

hose reel does NOT flow through those parts & “T’s” off and goes to filter assembly.  I have a TDI shoremaster hose reel & am sure there is no valve on it.. Monaco installed a on/off valve after the reel...

camp pressure = 40 psi - i’ve removed hose regulator.... very little difference.

turning on any faucets or shower... initial psi is good then it quickly falls to a low psi stream.  I don’t know where I’ll hook up to test house pressure but I’ll figure out something... 

Edited by armstrong1869@gmail.com

Kurt have you removed the brass inlet suppose regulator in the wet bay as UKENDOW suggested , i removed my little supposed regulator and gutted it then installed a real regulator and it solved my problem.

This was inside of our factory regulator. I threw it as far as I could so I would never see it again. It was hidden behind the panel in water bay, before city water/tank fill valve, with only the threaded connection part sticking out. It was supposed to be a straight through brass "regulator". Talk about restriction. If your problem is only related to city water, I'd be looking for similar POS.

0CC26C36-E88F-4ACE-8215-84D3400F655A.jpg

• Thanks 1

All,

Thanks everyone.  Just had to roll up the sleeves.  Only location of reducer AND a check valve is at city water connection in wet bay.  I’ll replace those later & I’ll get an additional valve for the hose reel. 

Again, I think everyone should get a water pressure gauge (Home Depot has one for under $10).  

Happy camping everyone.