Lost Turn Signals, Brake & running Lights OK-Not finding fuse panel

Guest old5foot

Guest old5foot

05 Beaver Monterey - Lost both turn signals. 

Brake and Running Lights OK.  Don't see any fuses in Electrical bay under Drivers window, just relays and splice bars.  Don't know where to look.

Flashers not working either. Turn arrows on dash do light up when brake pedal depressed.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Old5foot

05 Beaver Monterey

100% agree ground issue. Were u hooked to a trailer. May have popped a turn signal relay. Trailer ground can cause that. Look for your turn signal breaker. It's not a fuse, looks like a relay. Big square one.

Guest old5foot

No trailer.

Unit was parked for 2 months.  Did go through some good rains.  No big relays under dash. 

Lft. and Rt turn signal relays ID'd on Relay Panel in Elec.Bay bay under Driver Window.

Out of my leauge/element. Time for a Pro.

Much Appreciated.

My turn signals and flashers do not work when my steering wheel is straight up. When I pull the wheel down towards the driver in a driving position they work again. I suspect something in the steering column. It has been that way as long as I've had my coach. Since functionally it works fine (meaning I don't drive with the wheel straight up) I've never bothered to chase that monkey. 

Just a thought,

Ken

Guest old5foot

Awesome!

Could I talk you into taking a photo and posting it?

Monaco's site (now with new owners) has zero info on Beavers and most other Monaco products.  We need to collaborate as much as possible now.  Spent an hour and a half on hold today to be told they have zero documents.

At least now I have a better place to start looking.

Much Appreciated

Doug

Guest old5foot

20201027_083639.thumb.jpeg.84da5a1859a566117e7545ecb5bfa166.jpegThanks Ken. My issue occurs at either position for the steering wheel.

Scott  I attached a photo of fuses in Battery Bay.

They are labeled: PED Nos. 7, 8,9,12,15

Does anyone have any Idea what the PED nos. correlate tooPhotos.app.zip?

Also found a small computer board in dash wiring.  Followed wires out of Steering Column to it. Board is labeled C-39 and connecting wires are labeled as follows: A) 300 Ignition (512), B) Ground (527), C) 106 Brake Lights (532), D) 165 Right Fr Turn (55), E) 164 Left Fr Turn (54).

Anyone know its' purpose?  See Photo.

Sorry about the mess this post turned out to be. My 1st attempt.

Stay Safe, Doug

image.thumb.png.9e7274e58f968621afb6fe28a9c5f64f.png

I had an issue of left turn signal blowing fuses almost immediately after installing new fuse. Found that the turn signal socket was so loose that it somehow increased the load on fuse and then fuse failed. I swapped out all rear light sockets with new and that solved the problem.  Found right back light socket from factory was for for 1157 bulb.

Might mention that when left turn signal failed then all the marker lights (front, side and rear) also went out. Socket replacement solved that issue also. 

While replacing sockets also replace housing and lenses for a newer look to our 2000 Diplomat.

IMG_1165.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest old5foot

Turn Signals & Emergency Flasher not working, can't locate or ID Flasher units.

All signal lamps working.  Have: BackUp Lights, Running Lights, all Flasher Lamps and turn signal lamps light when Emergency Flasher engaged and Brakes engaged in Reverse.  Dash arrows light up when brakes engaged also.  So, all circuits are good. Definitely does not seem to be a grounding issue.  Beaver uses Auto Reset Thermal Circuit Breakers, no  fuses on low voltage chasis system.

Any info. on Flashers locations/ID's will help.

Guest old5foot

Found Flasher unit. Thanks.

Think I am down to replacing the combination Turn Signal-Flasher switch in the steering column.

Have eliminated bad bulbs, grounding issues, fuses and Flasher unit.  Can't see anything left to check but the sending unit.

Need to post a query about what steering column Monaco was using in 04-05.

Thanks and Stay Safe!

Doug

Guest old5foot

Thank You to Dr4Film and Jacwjames and others.  Any further info. on Steering Column will be appreciated.

To Summarize the Situation:   1) No grounding issues on Turn Signal lamps, all will light up under certain conditions.  2)Thermal Breaker (no fuses) is fine (other items on same breaker are working). 3)Turn Signal Flasher is good (new flasher). 4)Steering column Flasher button is good (engage brakes in Reverse and all lamps light up as well as dash arrows)  5)High/Low beam switch in Steering Column works (function of Turn Signal Arm).  6) Smart Wheel functions properly.

So, everything seems to be working but the Turn Signal unit in the Steering column.  I think (will verify) there is only one ground wire going into the Steering Column, if so I think the next step is a new turn signal unit.  Will check availability with Visone in  East Bernsteadt, KY, great source for used parts.

Bottom line is we are putting the coach into winter storage today. Due to Covid no winter in Florida for us.  Will reengage in the Spring.

Appreciate all the suggestions. They do spur the thought process.  Stay Safe!!