On Demand Hot water at kitchen sink

MHRookie

I have a 2003 Monaco Dynasty.  It has an on demand Hot water faucet at the kitchen sink.  We never use this thing.... unfortunately I pushed the demand button and this water smells like...... let’s just say TERRIBLE!!!

anyone else experience this?  I’m ready to just remove it and toss it!  I can’t find any information on it (how to clean).

Any advice???

Thanks - Kurt

The odor may be iron bacteria. It sometimes forms when water sits in hot water tanks. Our house water heater does that when unused for a long while. All we have to do is let fresh water run through it and completely empty the hot water tank. You may try that. We have the instant hot water too in our ‘05 Signature and we love it for coffee, hot chocolate, grits, oatmeal, instant potatoes, etc!

Any of you folks who have removed the insta-hot still have it? We use ours all the time for tea and hot chocolate. Unfortunately the hot water handle on ours broke and the company doesn't sell replacements. I like to buy one of the removed units. I have glued ours up with epoxy and while it works, it is not the best looking; I'd like to replace it. You can send me an email at "chetparks-at-gmail-dot-com." We're located in the Tucson area if you are around here, perhaps I could pick it up.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:19 AM, Chet P said:

Any of you folks who have removed the insta-hot still have it? We use ours all the time for tea and hot chocolate. Unfortunately the hot water handle on ours broke and the company doesn't sell replacements. I like to buy one of the removed units. I have glued ours up with epoxy and while it works, it is not the best looking; I'd like to replace it. You can send me an email at "chetparks-at-gmail-dot-com." We're located in the Tucson area if you are around here, perhaps I could pick it up.

Chet, the standalone faucet assembly is available online, but a bit pricey.  I replaced mine with a dual-temp hot tap & chilled water dispenser.  Single faucets run about $100+, while duals run about $200-250.