2006 Executive Tailights

I thought I saw something on this awhile ago but I haven’t been able to find it.

Does anyone know what tailights were used on this Coach. I thought that they were from 2006 Lincoln Navigator but I think I may be mistaken

Thanks,

I just got done dealing with this I tried to buy new tail lights but could not find any. I ended up just cleaning the ones I already had. I took them off the couch and in a laundry sink wet sanded them with 2000 grit sandpaper until all the oxidization was off.Then I used Maguires rubbing compound and buff them out with a buffer and then I put a coat of Maguires wax on them they look brand new. I also clean the inside out with Dawn dish soap and a microfiber towel.

I would like to replace the original ones because I really dislike the look of the original ones. They look like they belong on a rice burner low rider. I was hoping to go to a red lens LED if they are available. I have found that the origami application for my 2006 Executive are from a 1998-2002 Lincoln Navigator. The ones Monaco used were made for this application by an aftermarket manufacturer in Taiwan and are no longer available. I will purchase a set of stock red ones that were originally used on the Navigator and use LED bulbs

Edited by Chargerman
  • Like 1

Check out this Amazon item.  This is what we purchased for our '06 Dynasty, and they may be the same as yours.  They worked out GREAT!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A6THZI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

They fit the late 1990's Ford Econoline vehicles, as I recall.  Not very elegeant sounding for a Monaco Executive or Dynasty, but they have held up well.  Bought them in 2013.  Different item number for left vs right.  You will need two of each.  One left (upside down on one side) and one right (upside down on the other side) on each corner.

It looks like they are about $19 each, times four.  Not bad.  If Monaco sold them, they would be over $100 each, I'm sure!

7 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Those are not a match to mine. Thank you though!!

These are mine. Not exact in the layout of the chrome but very close. So ugly to me

2002 lincoln navigator tail lights - Google Search.pdf 984.91 kB · 9 downloads

I looked at the Monaco sales brochure for your coach and did not see a photo of the lights you want to replace.  Attached is a photo of our 07 executive.  Just a F Y I

20007 Exec Exterior 006.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 007.JPG

So, I changed mine out this year. The pictures are below. The originals were made by TYC who no longer makes them, hence they're not available. I replaced mine with the ones in the second picture. Two issues I ran into...first they were not an exact fit so not a plug and play. The outsides are perfect but you'll have to enlarge a couple spots with a Dremel to get a perfect fit. No biggie as it's behind the lights. The other issue is all the lenses are red, hence your back up lights will be also. I have docking lights in the bumper so it didn't matter to me. I purchased them on eBay for 98 bucks and some change-free shipping. Seller was idol168.....more pics or questions..feel free to ask...Dennis

Old.jpg

New.jpg

Those are nice looking assemblies, and yes, they are completely different from our Dynasty.  You mentioned Dremel work.  I also had to use my Dremel to remove some protrusions on the lenses I purchased for our coach.  Interestingly, I looked really close at the originals that I took off of the coach, and lo and behold you could see where Monaco ALSO had to grind off the same protrusions.  Anyway, all is good, and it sounds like you've got yours under control as well.  Cheers, and a very Happy New Year to you and to all!  Prayers it is better than 2020!!  Like the bumper sticker says, "Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!"  😊 

Paul and Dennis

Yes mine are the same as yours. Unfortunately, I just don’t care for the “European” look of the original ones. I was hoping to find red lens LEDs but no luck. I will be going with the original 98-02 Navigator taillights which have red lens and will install LED bulbs in them. 

3 hours ago, Chargerman said:

Yes mine are the same as yours. Unfortunately, I just don’t care for the “European” look of the original ones. I was hoping to find red lens LEDs but no luck. I will be going with the original 98-02 Navigator taillights which have red lens and will install LED bulbs in them. 

IF you use a red lens, I would go with white LED bulbs behind them. Red bulb makes it more of a purple.

BTW, since I spent half of my life in Europe, I find all the Chinese made "European look" marketing BS laughable. For instance, you could not have a red flasher lights there, only orange.