Rope Lighting Replacement Source

pbustamante41

I need to replace rope lighting throughout my RV. Ceiling lights, window lights and base cabinet lights. Some work some do not so I plan to replace all. They are 12v two prong connectors. I am looking for recommendations on type of replacements and company to purchase from.

Thanks,

Patrick

2007 Monaco Executive

Patrick

You might want to think about converting all your rope lights to LED Strip Lights.

A very good source for LED Strip Lights is SuperBrightleds.com

I purchased from them when I converted my 05 Exec over to LEDs. Competively priced and very good customer service

If you have a situation where there are short sections, maybe 5 bulbs or so that are out try this prior to replacing. With the lights on put your fingers together and rap on the light hard. You hopefully will be pleasantly surprised that they come on. I had a few areas like this and it worked for me. 

good luck

3 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

If you have a situation where there are short sections, maybe 5 bulbs or so that are out try this prior to replacing. With the lights on put your fingers together and rap on the light hard. You hopefully will be pleasantly surprised that they come on. I had a few areas like this and it worked for me. 

good luck

I've done that in some locations and it works for a while. Some were burned at the connector and I trimmed back and reconnected but the time has come to update and replace unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Chargerman said:

good luck

23 minutes ago, David Pratt said:

Patrick

You might want to think about converting all your rope lights to LED Strip Lights.

A very good source for LED Strip Lights is SuperBrightleds.com

I purchased from them when I converted my 05 Exec over to LEDs. Competively priced and very good customer service

I am on their website and looking at my options. I am interested in what was involved in your switch since we basically have the same coach.

Your rope lights are dimmable but it is Intellitec Multiplex PWM dimming instead of voltage dimming.  Switching to LED has a high likelihood of flickering  when dimmed.   I have the same problem and will not go with LED.   I replaced all of the other lighting to LED and they all flicker when dimmed.  Owners of a coach that does not have the multiplexing would not have PWM dimming and would be giving you bad advice without realizing it.

Intellitec PWM Module

Pulse Width Modulation Description

I replaced all of mine with non-dimming led from 1000bulbs.com and am very happy with the result.  However, as one contributor wrote above, my coach is not multiplex so this might not be ideal for you.  I don't understand why Monaco made everything so difficult.  Your coach has multiplex dimming and mine uses low-side dimmers, but only my halogens dim, not the ropes.  

I agree that replacing is a good idea. Most dealers are very competitive in price. I used Amazon and got their normal fast delivery. The one thing that was not mentioned is that not all LED'S are the same. There are several series of lighting. There are like 3550, 3650, 5550 etc. The 3xxx series are lower wattage or lower lumen output than the 5xxx series. If you want a softer low light output use the 3xxx series and the 5xxx series for a brighter sharper output. I used the 3xxx for areas around sofa etc. and the 5xxx for kitchen and bath areas. The ones I used have a 3M peel off adhesive backing and were fast and simple to place. For those unaware, if the string doesn't lite then the +/- wires are reversed.

• Thanks 1

I bought many replacement LED bulbs from this company and they sell strips/ropes as well.  Call them to get exactly what you want.  https://m4products.com

• 3 months later...

Patrick 

we have a 2006 Executive. We have under cabinet rope lighting in the kitchen that has gone out. I was curious if you replaced this area or not?  Looking for ideas and suggestions. 

thanks. 

Edited by Connie B