8D Napa Chassis battery 1100 CCA

Rob connors

10 minutes ago, Rob connors said:

I need to replace my NAPA 8D Chassis Battery 110O CCA which is very Heavy. I would like to know if I should replace it with 2 each 12volt Battery wired in Parallel ? I would like to know everyones thoughts.

Your 8 D is 12 volt

Thats what we use.

Great batteries with long life

What we use in all of our semis also.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pepperell said:

If you mean replacing one battery with two, the Executives have a large engine that would be happiest with two.  The more CCA, the less voltage drop while cranking to start.  

Maybe he is thinking two 6 volt ???

33 minutes ago, Rob connors said:

I need to replace my NAPA 8D Chassis Battery 110O CCA which is very Heavy. I would like to know if I should replace it with 2 each 12volt Battery wired in Parallel ? I would like to know everyones thoughts.

12 minutes ago, Pepperell said:

If you mean replacing one battery with two, the Executives have a large engine that would be happiest with two.  The more CCA, the less voltage drop while cranking to start.  

• Like 1

Guest Ray Davis

He said two 12v batteries wired in parallel which is still 12v but double the amps.

I think what he's asking is if 2 batteries of lesser weight would be ok.   To that I say why not as long as you still have the amps.  Big batteries are really heavy.

I used to man handle the batteries now they man handle me.   I use the bucket on my tractor to carefully lift them into place now.

27 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

He said two 12v batteries wired in parallel which is still 12v but double the amps.

I think what he's asking is if 2 batteries of lesser weight would be ok.   To that I say why not as long as you still have the amps.  Big batteries are really heavy.

I used to man handle the batteries now they man handle me.   I use the bucket on my tractor to carefully lift them into place now.

Ha Ha

Yes

I have 4 grandsons that play football.

A $20. Gets my batteries changed out Ray.

My boat has 4, 8 D house batteries. 

A $50. Gets them installed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I no longer use the large 8D batteries.  I'm using two NAPA Group 31 batteries rated at 1100CCA each.  They are 12V and I connect them in parallel.  They crank better and last longer than the 8D batteries.  Plus they are much easier to handle.  

Edited by vito.a
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, vito.a said:

I no longer use the large 8D batteries.  I'm using two NAPA Group 31 batteries rated at 1100CCA each.  They are 12V and I connect them in parallel.  They crank better and last longer than the 8D batteries.  Plus they are much easier to handle.  

I can vouch for this configuration. My rig came stock with two group 31s in parallel. 
Cheers

Walter

• Thanks 1

When I need a new 8D Chassis battery, I take the coach to my local Sam's Club and have them remove the old and install the new. Those guys are a lot buffer than I am. The last one I had done was at the Fairbanks AK Sam's Club in 2012 for $179. The old battery was the original one installed at the factory and was still going strong BUT I didn't want to have any problems with it while returning to the lower 48 so I sprang for a new one after 11 years of service. The new one still remains in there today with lots of cranking power, over 1400 CCA.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

When I need a new 8D Chassis battery, I take the coach to my local Sam's Club and have them remove the old and install the new. Those guys are a lot buffer than I am. The last one I had done was at the Fairbanks AK Sam's Club in 2012 for $179. The old battery was the original one installed at the factory and was still going strong BUT I didn't want to have any problems with it while returning to the lower 48 so I sprang for a new one after 11 years of service. The new one still remains in there today with lots of cranking power, over 1400 CCA.

Thats good service Richard 

And why we use NAPA batteries in the semis and farm tractors also.

We had lunch at Martins on Tuesday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Haggard said:

We had lunch at Martins on Tuesday.

They are two blocks from our house. Haven't been there since the pandemic as we seldom go out to restaurants versus enjoying my wife's wonderful Thai food that she cooks everyday. I am SO lucky to have a Thai born wife that loves to cook original Thai dishes.

I ordered take out from the local Texas Roadhouse in Palm Coast on Tuesday for my wife's birthday but was disappointed by the time I got it home and dug into the food. I'd much rather enjoy a meal like that right at the restaurant versus take out but at least she didn't have to cook on her birthday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr4Film said:

They are two blocks from our house. Haven't been there since the pandemic as we seldom go out to restaurants versus enjoying my wife's wonderful Thai food that she cooks everyday. I am SO lucky to have a Thai born wife that loves to cook original Thai dishes.

I ordered take out from the local Texas Roadhouse in Palm Coast on Tuesday for my wife's birthday but was disappointed by the time I got it home and dug into the food. I'd much rather enjoy a meal like that right at the restaurant versus take out but at least she didn't have to cook on her birthday.

Well happy birthday to the misses 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 8:09 AM, Rob connors said:

IF the 8D worked good, there would be little reason to want to go to anything else. 

Last year i went from the 8D to two 900ca napa batteries, getting to old to handle the 8D.

My son went from 2 8D to 4 900ca napa in his snapper fish boat and he is pleased with the change and so is his back.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I was just about to replace 2 31 MHD Interstates. Lasted almost 6 years. I thinking based on the comments above I'll try the NAPA 31 Commercial 1000A. There about the same price and an 1 hour closer!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SigPIlot said:

I was just about to replace 2 31 MHD Interstates. Lasted almost 6 years. I thinking based on the comments above I'll try the NAPA 31 Commercial 1000A. There about the same price and an 1 hour closer!

Smart move 👌