Outside Entertainment TV Dropped at Low-Battery

We had an odd occurrence today when our park had to shut down all pedestal power for upgrades and maintenance.

What we've learned in the past, is that with this coach (understand it's with many others as well) when our batter charge is at a lower point - typically in the "11.x" area - strange things seem to happen, like the power door locks will engage locking us out of the rig (if we're outside, gone for the day). It was problematic the first time. But we've learned to always check power and ALWAYS TAKE OUR KEYS WITH US!!!!!

This time, the Outside Entertainment TV lowered/dropped (located in our passenger's slide) all by itself at low-battery. Although from what I remember is wasn't that low. Maybe low "12.X." I do remember that I had to start my engine before I could start my generator.

Now the problem: I haven't watched TV for almost four years (life's simply too precious to waste it on the stupid TV programs - with very few exceptions). So I've never used the outside TV. I looked through our manuals and checked all of the many remote controllers for a button/switch to activate this TVs movement in any direction. Nothing!!!!!

Anyone out there have an outside entertainment center know where to look to get this TV back up into the passenger's slide!?!??!?!

I've also posted this question on IRV2 and FB Monaco Group

Thanks

YUP!!!!!!!!!!!  That's what my owner's manual states as well. But we don't have one.

Any idea where we can buy one of these? How would we program it?

Thanks.

Paul:

If you have an opportunity, would you be able to open that remote and forward a picture of the internals? Maybe (long-shot) there is additional info within.

Thanks

Paul:

I was hoping it was like the garage door openers with "dip switches" that I could duplicate. But that one is dedicated to its usage.

Thanks for all you help. My search continues. But at least you've help me understand more of what I need to know.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an '05 Signature and I'm having the opposite problem. I can't get the TV cabinet to open! I have the remote but it does nothing, even with a fresh battery. I see a lock feature on the remote, so maybe it's locked closed, but I don't know how to unlock it. Pressing buttons just doesn't do anything except illuminate the red LED on the remote. I can't believe they didn't  put in a manual release or another way to open and close it without the remote! That's crazy. Anyway, I'm following this thread in hope someone has an answer before I have to completely disassemble the unit and install a switch.

2 minutes ago, Mocephus said:

I have an '05 Signature and I'm having the opposite problem. I can't get the TV cabinet to open! I have the remote but it does nothing, even with a fresh battery. I see a lock feature on the remote, so maybe it's locked closed, but I don't know how to unlock it. Pressing buttons just doesn't do anything except illuminate the red LED on the remote. I can't believe they didn't  put in a manual release or another way to open and close it without the remote! That's crazy. Anyway, I'm following this thread in hope someone has an answer before I have to completely disassemble the unit and install a switch.

Agreed on the "manual release." It would seem even to a laymen, that the criticality of a drop-down unit in a slide would be a primary concern/consideration for safety.

WE ordered a 2007 Executive and decided to do this, instead of the built in TV in the slide wall. It was the ultimate utilization of a basement compartment.

The tray locked in 12" increments. Total cost was $3600.00. Not trying to steal a thread, just an F Y I.  We used the LP from the coach. 

20007 Exec Exterior 017.JPG

20007 Exec Exterior 015.JPG

• Thanks 1

I realize that my '07 Beaver PT (built in Oregon 09/06) is likely different, but on mine low down by the front door are Carling switches for outside power to the TV motor mechanism and direction Up/Down (as well as the salesman switch). Both Carling Ext TV switches must be pressed at the same time to move the TV.  Also hidden behind the passenger couch on the slide wall is what looks like a residential light switch that kills power to the outside TV movement mechanism.

By the way, if the TV is down even an eighth of an inch the magnetic reed interlock switch on the TV mechanism will prevent you from moving the passenger slide in or out.  I can't recall for sure but mine might have sagged a couple millimeters once when the power switch behind the couch was accidentally turned off by stuffing a blanket over the edge, thus I couldn't retract the slide when getting ready to travel.   Just FYI...

PXL_20210211_131109484.jpg

Edited by amphi_sc
Added comment on magnetic reed switch

2 hours ago, amphi_sc said:

I realize that my '07 Beaver PT (built in Oregon 09/06) is likely different, but on mine low down by the front door are Carling switches for outside power to the TV motor mechanism and direction Up/Down (as well as the salesman switch). Both Carling Ext TV switches must be pressed at the same time to move the TV.  Also hidden behind the passenger couch on the slide wall is what looks like a residential light switch that kills power to the outside TV movement mechanism.

By the way, if the TV is down even an eighth of an inch the magnetic reed interlock switch on the TV mechanism will prevent you from moving the passenger slide in or out.  I can't recall for sure but mine might have sagged a couple millimeters once when the power switch behind the couch was accidentally turned off by stuffing a blanket over the edge, thus I couldn't retract the slide when getting ready to travel.   Just FYI...

PXL_20210211_131109484.jpg

Thanks! So I looked in those places on mine after reading your post but sadly no switches were anywhere to be found. It looks like disassembly is my only option.

On the liftmytv website in the parts section they offer a wired remote for their controller. If you are tearing things apart to fix a problem with a missing remote, wiring the lift with an additional switch or ir remote might make sense. I ended up wiring a toggle switch for mine

This is my first post so please tell me if I violated any norms.

Dave welcome!

Since everything is electrical, things can be bypassed, including remotes. Remember, all a remote does is trigger some electrical device which actually does the work. That said, tracing the wiring to the TV is your best solution. There should be a solenoid that the remote triggers. Where is it? I have no clue, but a wild azz guess would be the rear run bay. If you can access the bay below the television, look up on the ceiling of that bay. Lots of stuff is attached to the ceilings. Most things that move up/down and out on these coaches, have reed switches to prevent them from opening accidentally. i.e. my slides won't deploy if a basement door is open. Look for that too. The good news is once you find out what's wrong, it'll be a cheap fix......Dennis

27 minutes ago, dverstra@comcast.net said:

On the liftmytv website in the parts section they offer a wired remote for their controller. If you are tearing things apart to fix a problem with a missing remote, wiring the lift with an additional switch or ir remote might make sense. I ended up wiring a toggle switch for mine

This is my first post so please tell me if I violated any norms.

Good info. And - to my understanding - no violation.

Thanks for this info.

3 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

Dave welcome!

Since everything is electrical, things can be bypassed, including remotes. Remember, all a remote does is trigger some electrical device which actually does the work. That said, tracing the wiring to the TV is your best solution. There should be a solenoid that the remote triggers. Where is it? I have no clue, but a wild azz guess would be the rear run bay. If you can access the bay below the television, look up on the ceiling of that bay. Lots of stuff is attached to the ceilings. Most things that move up/down and out on these coaches, have reed switches to prevent them from opening accidentally. i.e. my slides won't deploy if a basement door is open. Look for that too. The good news is once you find out what's wrong, it'll be a cheap fix......Dennis

Dennis:

YUP!! Once I find the "point of power" I'm sure that adding a switch will be relatively inexpensive. Need to do this quickly since I can't move without that D*&M TV in the up position.

Wish I could simply push it up for time being. But, NO>>>>>>>>> not movable.

Here is a picture of the interior of this TV mounting. If there are any electricians in this group, would you know/suggest what wire I could "jumper" to cause this TV to move up?

PXL_20210211_194121747.jpg

• Thanks 1