Crown AGM Batteries

Guest dalsn1

Guest dalsn1

Time to change my house batteries. Thinking about going with AGM and can get a good price on 4 Crown CG2 AGM batteries. Any opinions good or bad on the crown brand. I know Lifelines are highly rated but are substantially more.

I heard good things about Crown when I was shopping.  They've been around a while.  I went with Trojan t105 agms bc they were priced well and I could get them easier and I read more good stories about Trojan.  But Crown was second on my list.  18 month warranty and comparably priced.  

• Like 1

I can’t speak to the brand (I have Duracell AGMs), but I’ve been extremely pleased with my AGMs.  It made a bigger difference than I expected.  In my opinion, though, the biggest difference is not having to fill batteries monthly and fewer corrosion issues in your battery compartment.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ernest Tumbleston said:

Has anyone installed two 12 volt AGM truck batteries instead of four 6 volt batteries. I see the amp hours are pretty much the same. Should be cheaper too and take up the same space.  

The PO of our coach had 2 12V flooded lead acid marine for the house batteries.  He also had a fair amount of genny hours (methinks bc he didn't have enough battery capacity).  Everything worked fine and as long as you are spending most time on genny or shorepower, you'd be ok, but if planning on dry camping, you'll need the 4 6V for longer battery life.  I just replaced them w 4 6v AGMs. It cost more, but I'm wanting to be able to use the genny less when able. 

Do some research on Crown but I believe it is the best battery available, and with a good price I'd jump on it. My 4x GCs Lifelines were installed 2011.

Marine batteries (don't be fooled by the Marine Deep Cycle label) are compromised starting batteries. Truck batteries are starting batteries. Neither have the design/durability of deep cycle batteries, Both are good for pedestal to pedestal use. 12V deep cycle batteries are rare and expensive which is one reason GCs are popular. 

I know there are many opinions out there, but may I suggest looking into Battle Born batteries? Their initial cost is high, but they will outlast AGM's 5 fold. I just replaced my Lifelines and am very happy with the outcome.

Barry,  my local Sam's had 1 Duracell AGM 6v and I waited just over 2 months and that never changed.  I called or went by almost weekly. I checked stores up to 150 miles away and nothing.  I ended up going w Trojans bc of that. They never could tell me when they'd get more.  

• 3 weeks later...

Finally bit the bullit and bought four Crown AGM batteries for house.  In process of setting battery type on Magnum, discovered AGM and AGM 2.  Just wondering what the difference?

Discovered the difference, but do not know which category the Crown batteries fall in.

Note 2: specifications for Concord (Lifeline Series) AGM batteries.
Note 3: specifications for East Penn, Deka, Discover and Trojan AGM batteries.

Edited by Barry W

Barry,

This is what I found so I used AGM2 and would think you MAY be the same?Screenshot_20210428-162102_Drive.thumb.jpg.32d24ac3654a4944f486d326d470f18a.jpg

• Like 1