Shake down cruise

Heading out tomorrow for our first official outing in the new to me rig... don't know why I'm nervous. Flew out and inspected it for 2 days and then drove the thing 750 miles home without a hitch. Been working on it long hours daily for the last month.  Some of you know the fresh water loop was blown in the Aquahot. I had to replace the Manobloc distribution manifold for water as several valves were weeping. All the solar controllers needed attention as well. Fingers crossed on this madden voyage and I think I have fit every tool known to man in her!  

Jon,

You are not alone. I found a coach 1400 miles from home, made offer and flew to MH for inspection 3 hrs. committed to buy and returned 2 weeks later with a friend who rode shot gun( very sharp engineer retired). What could go wrong on the 1400 mile trip home - nothing, I believe the 500 red top is bullet proof if well maintained. In the last 10 years we have been to the east coast 3 times and the latest oil analysis states-"normal for an engine being broken-in", 115,000 mi.

Enjoy your trip and report your findings.

JoeB 03 Exec PBDD

• Like 1

Jon, wishing you well and good fortune on your trip. Weather is awesome everywhere and people seem to be more friendly again. Enjoy the trip. Be sure to post your experience. Hope you have some nice vinyl to play. Willie Nelson's "On the Road Again, comes to mind.......Dennis

• Like 1

Good luck and happy motoring. Sometimes even bad weather and difficulties can be fun.  Just returned from a 5 day boondock at Bristol with pretty much constant rain, flooding and high winds.  Had a blast and ended up watching the NASCAR race on TV at home because it was delayed.

20210328_153516[1].jpg

20210328_170022[1].jpg

• Like 1

I live in E TN and we saw lots of rain last week, some areas +7" in a 2 day period.  Not sure how much we got but a heck of a lot, we live on an elevated rigde so not much to worry about.

How many rigs got stuck in the mud.

I made a about 20 years ago with my Class C.  Company had a gathering and we decided to take the RV, it was in a large field next to a river.  Ground was dry, no problem pulling in.  Late that night it rained a lot.  Got ready to leave, drove the coach ~5 feet and it sunk up to the axles.  One of the foreman who leased the property the party was on had a large tractor and was able to pull us out but I learned a valuable lesson.  No parking on grass, especially with inclement weather forecast. 

Edited by jacwjames

Forecast???? Heck, here in Arizona it said clear. Went to bed in 80 degree weather under mostly clear skies. Woke up this morning at 3AM to pouring rain. By 9AM it was clear again and 83 degrees....Weather man guesses a lot. Speaking of forecasts, what's the difference between "Partly Cloudy" and "Partly Sunny". If it's cloudy would that block the sun and make it partly sunny? Inquiring minds want to know.🤥 I've always thought that was kinda weird......Dennis

Day one and no catoshapheic fails. Of course I had to fight 45 MPH winds gusting after I bragged to the war department how great this unit was. She was still impressed after the winnebago Chieftain resto last year. Rewarded with some great food and late night entertainment. 

20210402_205815.jpg

On 4/1/2021 at 8:55 PM, jfbolkovatz said:

Jon,

You are not alone. I found a coach 1400 miles from home, made offer and flew to MH for inspection 3 hrs. committed to buy and returned 2 weeks later with a friend who rode shot gun( very sharp engineer retired). What could go wrong on the 1400 mile trip home - nothing, I believe the 500 red top is bullet proof if well maintained. In the last 10 years we have been to the east coast 3 times and the latest oil analysis states-"normal for an engine being broken-in", 115,000 mi.

Enjoy your trip and report your findings.

JoeB 03 Exec PBDD

We did the same thing with our coach. The wife and I flew out the Colorado Springs on a Thursday am. Inspected the coach Thursday evening. Was everything they said, one owner, all service records newer tires, no leaks and everything worked as it was supposed to and test drive was great. Went back Friday morning, paid them and headed 1500 miles back to NC. Heck of a first trip with no issues. Was pretty confident with the coach after that. 

looking forward to hearing how yours is going.

@Jonbrooks good am and have a great trip.  I noticed you have a PT cruiser on a tow dolly.  The PO of our coach had a PT cruiser he towed and had a lube pump installed so he could flat tow it.  You may be aware of that, but if not, I thought I'd share that.  Happy travels.  

• Thanks 1