Air pressure gauge line blew off... HELP APPRECIATED

Twomed

Trying to help kids who are far away this morning...  The airline blew off the pressure transducer behind the dash and the ptc fitting is lost somewhere in the giant wire maze.  Still has over 100psi in system so they are headed to a stopping point.

Has anyone replaced that piece on the transducer??  It looks like on mine that it is a female metal screw on with a ptc end.   Not sure I want to unscrew mine to find out on 15 year old plastic piece as we are supposed to move in a couple of days.

Thanks

Chuck

Not quite following....the "pressure transducer" is this to feed data to the pressure gauge?  If so, one doesn't really need a gauge to drive.  Just cap off the line so it isn't leaking.

PTC = Push to Connect fitting?  It is very likely that HomeDepot and / or NAPA auto parts store have everything you need.

If the line is off, how is there still 100 psi in the system?

so, your kids are driving the RV and you aren't there and they are calling for assistance?  Or the RV is with you and you are trying to drive it to them to help them with some project?  Key is, where is the RV - with you or not?

Edited by DavidL

Here you go... the PTC (Push To Connect) locking ring has disappeared in the maze.  I just need to know if the remaining brass coupling is a screw on or an integral part of some obsolete Monaco part.  This is on the back of the dash panel at the top where all your check light scome on at start up.  2006 DYNASTY

Air Line.png

Well you see what it is, you get the kids to buy the same coach you have so that when theirs breaks they just call and say  whatever it is, and then you look on yours and tell them what to do to get going.   

Told him I have a 1/4 cap in my toolbox why doesn't he have one?  Fortunately there is enough slack in the line to do a cut off so had him pinch it with vise grips and they are on the way for now.  

Still need to know from a Monaco owner if that piece is a screw off fitting.

Thanks,

Chuck

My fitting in that panel broke and I had to get an entire replacement panel to include the push in fittings, I couldn't find them anywhere.  But if you contact Actia Corp in Elkhart, IN, I'm sure they could tell you what they are or send you some.  The last number I have for them is  574-266-2640.

The PTC fittings that I have worked with on my Windsor have all been metal not plastic. However, I haven't been behind the dash even since owning the coach for over 17 years now so I don't know what they used behind the dash. Plus they have all been an integral part of the fixture.

If the PTC fittings are metal, there is a brand (camozzi) bodies are all metal.

The plastic PTC fittings (Legris) work just as well.  

Do a google search for Camozzi Air Fittings.  You will need to know tube size and thread pitch.  You picture seems to show the fitting is screwed in to the block

By the way, the ring that is missing is pushed in to remove the plastic tube

Agree with Randy that it’s the missing ring...could be stolen from another fitting instead of replacing the entire fitting.

I may have messed up having just talked our daughter into buying a 06 HR Navigator with a Detroit 60. Now I’m working on 3 rigs. Only major thing it needs are two 315’s for the front.

Edited by Ivylog

52 minutes ago, Ivylog said:

Agree with Randy that it’s the missing ring...could be stolen from another fitting instead of replacing the entire fitting.

I may have messed up having just talked our daughter into buying a 06 HR Navigator with a Detroit 60. Now I’m working on 3 rigs. Only major thing it needs are two 315’s for the front.

All In The Family...you are my prophet Dick  🙂

I'm meeting up with them in Destin in a couple of weeks for our summer western adventure so the problem is solved for now...

26 minutes ago, Twomed said:

All In The Family...you are my prophet Dick  🙂

I'm meeting up with them in Destin in a couple of weeks for our summer western adventure so the problem is solved for now...

Glad you are going West . Daughter can’t leave until July 1 but we may leave earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved!! It is extremely helpful to have an Uncle (Twomed) that knows his coach and mine inside and out. I am learning as things break....

I called Actia Corp in Elkhart, IN and they got me the part number. They did not have any in stock, and was not sure when they would be able to get me one. After doing some research, I found them. The only problem is they only sold them in packs of 10. So I now have 6 left for sale (kept 2 for me and 2 for Uncle.) Not an everyday part so holding on to them doesn't make sense. If anyone is interested in any, let me know. I will sell them for what I paid, $10 each and ship them free.....

IMG-2034.jpg

IMG-2033.jpg

IMG-2032.jpg

Guest Ray Davis

Thanks Chuck & Todd,   Most of us will never need to replace the little PTC ( push to connect ) fittings,  still I found it very informative how the tubing connects to the gauges and that the fittings screw in and are available.

Uncles do come in handy, sometimes. LOL         Good job Chuck ( Twomed ), now we have another member ( Todd ).  New members bring new life to the group                 So many of us old members are gone or have grown silent.

BTW,  was the missing ring broken?   If it wasn't broken I would have thought it would have just slid down the tubing.    Not that I know much about PTC fittings but I      supposed the ring was to release and was not necessary to grip the tube.   

Thanks again, the pictures are great 

Thanks Ray! I am certainly the apprentice when it comes to this thing. I feel "less stressed" knowing a phone call away is typically the fix....or at the least, a direction. Uncle is a huge help, and they are the reason we retired early and hit the road FT. Buying the same make/model was planned on my end. Save on repair costs!!!

The missing ring is somewhere in the wire hell and I could not locate it. The tube runs down but into a spot where if it was in one piece, it would have been there. The fix was extremely simple....once I had the part. The stress when the thing blew off going down the road was off the carts...THAT WAS LOUD  😂

Yup.  Had the same problem while having our Silverleaf system installed a few years back.  Most commercial air equipment stores should have them.  Found ours at A1 Coupling and Hose in Albany, OR.  Pretty easy fix once the unknowns were worked out.

• Like 1