Water filter elements

powersltc

Ron, are you talking about the twin holder in the bottom bay? If so, those are standard filters from WalMart, Home Depot, Lowes etc.  One is carbon and the other is for impurities. I can get you part numbers if you need them. I also carry extra "O" rings so you don't have a leak. I got mine from Amazon HERE.....Dennis

Water filters come in four basic sizes: 10" or 20" long, 2.5" or 4.5" diameter. You probably have 10" x 2.5" filters. If you have one housing it would be for a sediment filter which can be had in various porosities, usually from 20 Micron down to 5 or even 0.5. The lower the number the smaller the particles that will be filtered out, at the expense of increased pressure drop. If there is a second housing it is normally used for a Carbon filter to remove chlorine and bad tastes. These come in different types, such as a carbon block or a GAC/KDF (Granulated Activated Carbon/Kinetic Degradation Fluxion) which removes chlorine, heavy metals, hydrogen sulfide, and is anti bacterial and anti-algae.

• Thanks 1

Unless your canisters are marked, you should do that to signify which is the basic and carbon filter position.  I think the basic filter cleans first (entry pipe side) and then the water goes from there through the carbon last, so you’ll need to determine entry and exit pipes.

Edited by David White
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dennis H said:

Ronald, here are the filters I use. There are others, of course. I've found these to be the best for my situation. YMMV Hope this helps....Dennis

Filtrete : 3WH-STDPLL-F02

Filtrete : 3WH-STDCW-F02

Thanks.  Much Appreciated. 

How important are filters?  Having traveled throughout the US and Europe drinking water from wherever for over 60 years now, I can only remember one bad incident when I got sick.  Running a marathon north of Frankfurt I drank from drainage from a pasture.  Giardia.  I guess I just choose to not live in fear.

Have been RVing throughout the USA since 2004 without any filters in our class A motorhomes.  Without problems.

Roy Million

7 minutes ago, millionroy said:

How important are filters?  Having traveled throughout the US and Europe drinking water from wherever for over 60 years now, I can only remember one bad incident when I got sick.  Running a marathon north of Frankfurt I drank from drainage from a pasture.  Giardia.  I guess I just choose to not live in fear.

Have been RVing throughout the USA since 2004 without any filters in our class A motorhomes.  Without problems.

Roy Million

Sick

Yes

Your correct 

None of These filters will remove Ecoli  bacteria .

Only silt,sand and clay. Impurities 

Not bacteria,  good nor Bad Bacteria 

The carbon filter helps the water tast better some think 🤔

Actually, after we have used most of our 100 gallons of well water from home, we use bottled water.  Dasani is out now, CocaCola product.

I have a similar issue with pressure gauges, having never had an issue with water pressure while connected to a campground water outlet.  Are they really necessary?  Just trying to keep my remaining years in proper perspective!!

Life is good in Crossville, TN for a couple of days.

HR is running like a top.  Decided to make this 3000 mile trip on the Goodyear G661's manufactured in July 2015.  No weather cracking and just still look great.  Life is great.

Roy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, millionroy said:

Actually, after we have used most of our 100 gallons of well water from home, we use bottled water.  Dasani is out now, CocaCola product.

I have a similar issue with pressure gauges, having never had an issue with water pressure while connected to a campground water outlet.  Are they really necessary?  Just trying to keep my remaining years in proper perspective!!

Life is good in Crossville, TN for a couple of days.

HR is running like a top.  Decided to make this 3000 mile trip on the Goodyear G661's manufactured in July 2015.  No weather cracking and just still look great.  Life is great.

Roy

We Eat at cracker Barrel,  Crossville,

Cookeville, Olive garden several times a year. 

We are North of you on 127 tonight.

Wolf creek Dam.

For a week or two of spring maintenance & cleaning the house boat.

Installed a new speed queen this evening 

For starters 

20210414_160301.jpg

20210414_162016.jpg