Slides won't come in.

My coach is a 2002 Monaco Diplomat pbdd.  I have owned it since new, Now has 130k.  I replaced the four house batteries a month ago.  Today I moved the coach into my lot for wash/wax from being parked next to my home.  Only oved 30ft so left slides out.  Last pm in prep for w/w I went to move slides in.

No movement on switches either way, no sound of motor trying to work.

Checked compartment under driver seat = could not find any blown fuses.

Checked bdrm panel = no blown fuses.

Borrowed friends air switch to parking brake which I know will prevent starting = no change..

There doesn't seem to be power to switches.  Wiring diagram shows  "slide out IGN Relay (fuse OK) but don't know where the relay is located?

ANY ideas, leaving in two days for Oregon.

Ken Parsons 541 963 8990

Guest Ray Davis

When I have had slide problems I found I can slam the bay doors and that usually takes care of it.   A time or two I found that when crawling in and out of a bay I inadvertently bent one of the bay door switches.

I'm too slow, Vito beat me again.

Edited by Ray Davis

Sorry guys with fancy coaches, in 02 Dips didn't have electric locking bays.  Tried moving EGN switch no change. 

sjamiejones - what year is your coach.  What does the relay switch look like, I tested every relay aka switch in battery bay and all were positive on both ends.

Appreciate the quick replies.  

Ken

Electric locking bay doors have nothing to do with the push button switch that is on ANY of your bay doors that are under any of your slides. Those switches are to protect you from damaging a bay door slide by running a slide out or in with the bay door open.

My slide control board is located in the passenger side RRB.

Edited by Dr4Film

Ken, my coach is 2003 and the relays are in a black box on the wall facing the door on the battery compartment. The box is labeled "...solar" something. There is also a fuse for the slide lockout inside the box that does not appear anywhere on coach schematics. If that fuse blows the system will not get a lockout signal from things like engine running and the slides won't move.

I had the same thing happen to me. When none of your slides work the very first thing you do is check the power to the switch inside the coach. This switch does nothing more then transfer power to your slide controller. The slide controller and relays is what actually powers the motors. If it is not getting a power signal from the switch then none of your slides will work.

Monaco in their infinite wisdom used a very small wire to power the switch. Unfortunately they do break from time to time leaving all of your slides in operative. I had mine break and ended up picking up power for the switches off the wet bay heater switch next to the slide switch. Pull the switch panel off and check the power to the switch. If you have power there then it could be a slide relay. If everything checks out then it could be your batteries. If you have multiple slide switches and none of your slides work then I am going to guess the problem is in the batteries or the slide control box.

I have lost track of the number of people who have checked the voltage of their batteries and found them to be good. But once you apply a load to them the voltage drops out. A static test of battery voltage is one thing. A battery voltage test under load is another.

Thanks to all.  I thought I sent a solution but don't see it, so here it is.  I am over-the-hill.  Even though I know to check the last project done first.  My my case was installing four AGM batteries.  After multi checks I found I didn't connect two wires. Once connected everything worked.  I did find that there is a smaller wire which must be decanted to slides.  Thanks for all the ideas and help.  Ken