Dash Air Conditioning recharge

Hello.

Ron P.

2004 Monaco Executive 

Before I  started looking,  can someone help me out with locating the ports to charge the Dash A/C. 

Are the ports in the engine compartment or the generator area?  Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Ron P. 2004 Monaco Executive 

I had my dash A/C recharged last season after my compressor seized and shredded the serpentine belt. All of the recharge fittings are below the windshield in the generator bay on my 2007 Beaver Contessa. Easily accessible. 

• Thanks 1

I also have a 2004 model Monaco.  We have A/C ports both up front and in the rear engine compartment.  You can spot them by the red and blue plastic caps over the Schrader valves.   I used the vacuum pump on the port up front for about 30 min and then moved it to the rear engine compartment ports for another 30 min.  Then recharged from the rear port. 

Also, the dryer is up front just to the left of the generator and the system takes 4lbs of R134a.  

Edited by vito.a
  • Thanks 1

Guest Michael V

Does anyone happen to know where the expansion valve is located on a 2003 signature?

I just replaced our expansion valve last week.  It is up front above the generator.  It has two black AC hoses connected with some black A/C insulation foam over the B nuts. 

I first removed the hoses.  Then peeled back the insulation and broke the nuts loose and it came right off.  

I had to buy some new green orings when i reinstalled the new one.  

Part number: EGELHOF AC Expansion Valve 1268300384 / 0751.0003A 321300S

Picture attached.

AC Expansion valve.jpg

Edited by vito.a
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, vito.a said:

I just replaced our expansion valve last week.  It is up front above the generator.  It has two black AC hoses connected with some black A/C insulation foam over the B nuts. 

I first removed the hoses.  Then peeled back the insulation and broke the nuts loose and it came right off.  

I had to buy some new green orings when i reinstalled the new one.  

Part number: EGELHOF AC Expansion Valve 1268300384 / 0751.0003A 321300S

Picture attached.

AC Expansion valve.jpg

Vito,
I ordered and received the part but it is different from what you installed.
The part number is the same but it is missing the attached probe at the end.
I assume that is some kind of a temperature probe but I wanted to check with you.
Please see my pictures attached.
Thank you for your help.
Lee

IMG_20220825_082635209.jpg.92be03aabed8c057c8c5f646765084b4.jpgIMG_20220825_082648907_HDR.jpg.c8f707bfae1e1553da23628a5187c185.jpg

Hi Lee,

Yes, I'm guessing that's a capillary tube for temperature.  They probably deleted it for cost saving.

Your choices are to try reordering, keep the original part, or install the new one.  I think I'd try the new one.   

Good luck! 

Edited by vito.a
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vito.a said:

Hi Lee,

Yes, I'm guessing that's a capillary tube for temperature.  They probably deleted it for cost saving.

Your choices are to try reordering, keep the original part, or install the new one.  I think I'd try the new one.   

Good luck! 

Good advice. I ordered a new one. The original came from eBay caridautoparts and the new one, including green O-rings at .99 each, is from autohausaz. The caridautoparts eBay dealer was not even remotely interested in any kind of a timely resolution so I filed for a refund.
Thanks again,
Lee