Turbo Replacement

I have a 2008 signature. Been a tough year. Replaced medallion, compressor for leveling, 2 air bags on driver side forward, new tires, batteries, guess it is my time. Coach has set in Las Vegas for one year because of the Covid-19 virus. Oh yes the aqua hot worked on as well, new pump.

The latest was discovered when I had the oll changed. Leaking oll from turbo exhaust side was found. Approx 7.5 k to replace with a new turbo including labor. 

Looking for any info as to same experience, cost, remedy,etc 

I'm really getting the feeling these new fangled VGT's don't like sitting for extended periods!

Twice now, after several months idle, my engine has gone to fast idle on it's own, changed pitch, and followed shortly by smoke out the exhaust.

After a shutdown / restart, it has run fine. 25mi run, no issues, 33" boost.

If you have checked your oil line connections and they are ok next step to check into is a rebuild kit to replace seals. Another option that might be available is to buy a core assembly this is the complete center section of the Turbo includes both turbine and compressor wheels. All of this is already assembeled ready to install into existing  end housings. The 2 end housings I am sure are ok. Not sure if Cummins/Holset do this any longer but might be worth asking. Check into posibility of aftermarket  replacements Cummins will not help you with aftermarket product but they used to sell good reman product. Cost should be less than new OE Product.

18 hours ago, Monte Roger Fautin said:

I have a 2008 signature. Been a tough year. Replaced medallion, compressor for leveling, 2 air bags on driver side forward, new tires, batteries, guess it is my time. Coach has set in Las Vegas for one year because of the Covid-19 virus. Oh yes the aqua hot worked on as well, new pump.

The latest was discovered when I had the oll changed. Leaking oll from turbo exhaust side was found. Approx 7.5 k to replace with a new turbo including labor. 

Looking for any info as to same experience, cost, remedy,etc 

If you do need a Turbo, everything I have read for the ISX 600 is that it is a Holset VGT turbo.  For the slight difference in price I would put a new one on.   Is yours a CM870 or CM871?  The CM870 had EGR only and the CM871 had EGR and a DPF (diesel particulate filter)