Four Gauge Cluster Inop - 2005 Executive

Shop mechanic diagnosed a problem with my Transmission and Coolant temperature gauges. I was hoping it was just a loose ground but he says they fail their own self test and that the four gauge cluster must be replaced. They called the manufacturer and were told that they don't make them anymore and they can't repair them. The Faria part number is:  SG8006A.

I'd be interested to learn of places this might be found but also I'm wondering if anyone has replaced them with something else. I can still get to the data via Aladdin but you really do need to have those gauges working in case something goes wrong while you're not on that page in the Aladdin.

Four gauge instrument cluster.jpg

I replaced my inaccurate analog gauges with the SilverLeaf VMSpc Display on a 10 inch Dell Mini Notebook back in 2010. Haven't missed the analog gauges at all and never look at them anymore except for the two largest ones, the speedo and tach.

VMSpc-14.thumb.JPG.e9ec55f7bddd0de2862b58bcf9c26076.JPG

Edited by Dr4Film
  • Like 1

Similar to Dr4Film's suggestion BlueFire is another alternative.  You can set up your own "dash" with a phone or small tablet on the dash.  Probably cheaper than repairing the cluster, too. 

Best,

- bob

• Like 1

The Faria gauges are driven on a Faria Canbus between all the gauges. There is a separate Faria Gateway that Canbus that gets all the signals and send a them to the gauges.

Faria no longer supports these gauges as they were custom for Monaco.

Paul