CCC thermostat

I am trying to understand the thermostat and dip switch. I believe that in my 05 Ambassador it had the CCC thermostat. I see CCC2 mentioned a lot. I remember seeing that when you install a new AC, you have to set the dip switches to match the previous setting. I also saw that you can change the board from the old AC to the new AC and it will be set to work off of the CCC settings. This seems much easier than getting a CCC2 thermostat and setting the dip switches even though I already have a CCC2 waiting in the wings.🤔 As Judge Janine would say, "What say you?"

Gary 05 AMB DST 

Gary-the control board logic has to match the thermostat logic.  So basically ccc=old style boards and ccc2= new style boards.  IF you're replacing all of your a/c units, I don't see a reason not to switch to the new ccc2.  The dip switches are easy to set and really have no bearing on control board / thermostat choice.  The dip switches simply tell the thermostat what is hooked to it.  If you have a furnace turn on that dip switch, if you have heat strips, turn on that dip switch etc..

Gary,

You cannot use the old board from a Penguin to run a new Penguin-II on your 5 button CCC. You have to purchased a conversion board (Dometic 3313107.107) to install into the new Penguin-II, cost about $150. Then you have to setup the DIP switches correctly and also cut some wires per specific instructions.

My advice is to replace all the rooftop AC's at the same time along with the new CCC-2 ten button thermostat.

As an aside, if you have an AquaHot, you’ll need an extra new style board that’s hidden away (in a kitchen cabinet in my case, location may vary) that lets the CCC2’s all talk together to the AH.  Don’t know if LP furnaces require this though.  

1 hour ago, Pepperell said:

As an aside, if you have an AquaHot, you’ll need an extra new style board that’s hidden away (in a kitchen cabinet in my case, location may vary) that lets the CCC2’s all talk together to the AH.  Don’t know if LP furnaces require this though.  

I think that’s true with two ACs and three aqua hot zones. In that case you need an AC board to control an AH zone where there’s no 3rd rooftop AC to do the job. But I’m not sure the AH inherently requires an external control board. 
Normally it’s just a couple wires connected to the rooftop AC and the AH  acts just like a furnace. 
Cheers

Walter

12 hours ago, Pepperell said:

As an aside, if you have an Aqua-Hot, you’ll need an extra new style board that’s hidden away (in a kitchen cabinet in my case, location may vary) that lets the CCC2’s all talk together to the AH.  Don’t know if LP furnaces require this though.  

That may be true in some coaches but not all. My Aqua-Hot system has four separate thermostats for the four zones so my rooftop Penguin-II AC's are the only thing that are on the CCC-2 thermostat.

To clarify, I have 2 ac’s but three zones.  The third zone is for the bathroom and the wet bay heater.  I mistakenly stated that it connected to the AquaHot.  
To summarize I have two CCC2’s, three zones, a controller in each a/c, and a controller for the bathroom/wet bay.  

Sorry for the confusion.  

2 hours ago, Pepperell said:

To clarify, I have 2 ac’s but three zones.  The third zone is for the bathroom and the wet bay heater.  I mistakenly stated that it connected to the AquaHot.  
To summarize I have two CCC2’s, three zones, a controller in each a/c, and a controller for the bathroom/wet bay.  

Sorry for the confusion.  

Thanks for bringing up that special case. If I had that configuration and replaced the ACs with new CCC2s, it would probably take me a good long while to figure it out for myself. I would never have guessed that Monaco would take a circuit board out of an air conditioner and bury it in the wall to control an aqua hot zone 🧐

Cheers

Walter