Unknown cable

Could be a control cable for a satellite system.  Seems like old (like ancient old) Direct TV receivers had something like that.  Above the drivers seat / left is where they put the sat rec.  Above / front is for the stereo / CD player. 

- bob

In the cabinet immediately to the right of the TV box in my 98 Patriot is a small panel with the KVH logo on it.  There is a power switch for when you want the satellite antenna searching and next to that is a port that looks like the pins on your cable and it's labeled "Maintenance".  I suspect it's for a tech to plug into for diagnostics.

-D

It is a 15-pin D-connector, most often seen on an analog port of a video monitor.  If it is plugged into the TV or laying there from when it was upgraded, it is not being used.

What is it they say about economists?😏 Ask 2 a question and you will receive 3 correct answers. Monaco drawing #38051218 shows an audio video controller with two 15 pin cables routed to the TV which allows the Aladdin system to use the TV as a monitor. Still don't understand the missing pin at 7 which is called out in the standard. Didn't see anything which referenced the satellite system

Edited by Gary Cole

I’ve owned the coach for four years never really thought about it before. I replaced my TV about three years ago I don’t remember seeing a plug like that plugged into the old TV. Still haven’t found the other end of it. When I bought it had an old satellite dome  dish on top that the dealer took off. Everything electronically works that I use. At some point before I owned it it had a CB radio and a Wilson Wi-Fi booster. 

On 7/15/2021 at 5:59 AM, Poohbear said:

Ok I will , thanks for the replies, I just thought they sound electric but will have to dig a little deeper into it.

10 hours ago, Gary Cole said:

What is it they say about economists?😏 Ask 2 a question and you will receive 3 correct answers. Monaco drawing #38051218 shows an audio video controller with two 15 pin cables routed to the TV which allows the Aladdin system to use the TV as a monitor. Still don't understand the missing pin at 7 which is called out in the standard. Didn't see anything which referenced the satellite system

The missing pin is 9 not 7, key pin on older VGA standard.