Wiper Blew Off in the Wind

Hey Gang,

I lost my driver side wiper during our cross-country trip with the family this summer. Only the arm that extends from the motor remains.

I contacted Wiper Technologies, and they said they don't carry the 32’’ arm part # 1433290, which is apparently what I need. They do have a 29" version, which I may end up having no choice but to buy.

Anybody know of another source? I have included a few pics in case they prove helpful.

Thank you!

Don

Here are those pics I promised.

20210717_082330_2.jpg

20210717_082310_2.jpg

20210811_160102_2.jpg

I was able to find these on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Motorhome-Recreational-Vehicle-Refills/dp/B07H4DG5D3/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B07H4DG5D3&qid=1628775411&sr=8-1

They look promising, although it's hard to tell how the included hardware ligns up with my wiper arms. My MH is listed in the list of MHs that these wipers supposedly work on though.

3 minutes ago, monacowner said:

Hey Gang,

I lost my driver side wiper during our cross-country trip with the family this summer. Only the arm that extends from the motor remains.

I contacted Wiper Technologies, and they said they don't carry the 32’’ arm part # 1433290, which is apparently what I need. They do have a 29" version, which I may end up having no choice but to buy.

Anybody know of another source? I have included a few pics in case they prove helpful.

Thank you!

Don

Here are those pics I promised.

20210717_082330_2.jpg

20210717_082310_2.jpg

20210811_160102_2.jpg

Same thing happened to me 2 years ago.

But mine broke off at the attachment point. 

When I was at visone 6 months latter they got me a matching pair off a 2001 Signature sitting out front.

Now I have 1 spare. 

I no longer spend the exorbitant price that they get for the 32 inch RV wiper blades. Last time I did that they were over $50 each.

I switched over to the 28 inch Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades which I buy at most Walmart's around the country.

I would JB Weld the piece back onto the arm and let'er rip.

Edited by Dr4Film

10 minutes ago, Dr4Film said:

I no longer spend the exorbitant price that they get for the 32 inch RV wiper blades. Last time I did that they were over $50 each.

I switched over to the 28 inch Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades which I buy at most Walmart's around the country.

I would JB Weld the piece back onto the arm and let'er rip.

I never thought of JB welding a 28" wiper from wal mart. If the amazon blades I found don't work (see link above), I may end up doing just that.

Don,

Maybe I didn't explain myself exactly, but when I spoke of using JB Weld, that was only for the rectangle U shape base part which holds the blade and washer port to the long arm.

Once that part is remounted back onto the long arm using JB Weld then any size blade up to 32 inch can be mounted to the rectangle U shape base using the bolt and nut that are presently in there now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr4Film said:

Don,

Maybe I didn't explain myself exactly, but when I spoke of using JB Weld, that was only for the rectangle U shape base part which holds the blade and washer port to the long arm.

Once that part is remounted back onto the long arm using JB Weld then any size blade up to 32 inch can be mounted to the rectangle U shape base using the bolt and nut that are presently in there now.

Thanks Richard. That's what I had understood. If you can, I'd love to see a pic of your solution.

1 minute ago, PeterSchweizer said:

Wal Mart. But you may have to modify the connection. There are several options use original piviot mount  n place a bolt thru the side of wiper 

Yes

It's certainly not rocket science 😉🤗

• Like 1

1 hour ago, monacowner said:

Thanks everyone! I'll report back on my success with my 32" blades from Amazon. At just over $25 /blade (blade and holder that is), it's worth a shot!

I'm in Canada, and paid big $ for a replacement pair of 32" wipers on Amazon!

If I recall, they were about $120CAD.