Transmission Temp range

Jim,

I came to the same conclusion as you regarding the transmission cooler in the CG&J radiator. The temps with the original radiator were always lower then after the new radiator was installed in 2015.

Not impressed with CG&J at all. Their reputation is overblown in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, tomgagne55 said:

Related question not worthy of new post.  Are there typically 2 transmission temp sensors on Monaco’s?  One for the ECM and one for the gauge.  I know this is true for the oil pressure readings.  I have a 2002 diplomat 330 ISC

This is true in my case. One internal sensor and a gauge sensor at outlet port to cooler. 

After reading this whole post, I'm glad I have a separate trans cooler from the radiator from the factory. I have no engine or trans temp problems even in 100+ ambient temps. (which sense going fulltime I don't see anymore} Actually 180F is a good temp for your engine and your trans to see. This is the point where moister is burned off in the oils. 

4 hours ago, tomgagne55 said:

Related question not worthy of new post.  Are there typically 2 transmission temp sensors on Monaco’s?  One for the ECM and one for the gauge.  I know this is true for the oil pressure readings.  I have a 2002 diplomat 330 ISC

On my coach Monaco installed separate sensors for Transmission Oil Temp, Engine Oil Pressure, and Engine coolant temp.  These all provide the signals to the dash gauges. 

Cummins installed their own sensors for these and other inputs to the ECM. 

• Thanks 1