Leaking flexible sink drain

Nevada Rob

The large flexible drain pipe in my 2008 Dynasty has  broken just behind the upper black ABS pipe. This is the connection to the ridge ABS pipe to accommodate the kitchen slide. I have read many post about how to repair the pipe. The crack in the pipe is right next to the threaded fitting so there is no way to cut out the bad section and use a barbed fitting and hose clamps. Replacing the pipe is not a problem. Getting it out is another issue. My question is how do you disconnect the trolley from the track? There are four plastic snap things that look like they would release the bolts from the wheels? There are 3 straps holding the pipe in place. I can not get to the screws holding those straps with the trolley in place on its track. The screws are in the top of the board as if the entire unit was assembled then put in place. Attached are a few pictures.

20210921_183436.jpg

20210921_183449.jpg

20210921_183420.jpg

Cut the straps, remove, fix, then install new straps.

Getting new straps in . . . . ah, that's the trick.  Maybe drill holes on each side of the newly cut strap and pull back together with wire / tie wrap?

My 2c,

- bob

If you want to try and remove the trolley you have to move the white plastic tabs, these are actually just locks that keep the post that the base attached to the trolley assembly to.  Here's a blow of a similar trolley.  https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Line-Products-6847-Assembly-Plastic/dp/B000VYIH50/ref=psdc_511278_t2_B002YGQMY6

Move the tab and the lift the wood/pipe and you should be able to move the wheel portion out of the way and the wood/pipe will drop down. 

Built a new house and installed 7 pocket doors, not an expert but know how they work. 

The problem is all of this is assembled with plenty of access.  So not an easy repair.  You'll have to take the threaded coupling out, install a new one, cut the flexible pipe t size and test fit, and then pull it apart and glue it.  Having the pipe fixed to the trolley might make it easier to get it aligned and being able to put pressure on it while  the glue dries. 

I had to ours a couple years ago in a campground. Not a fun job. I just wanted to mention that from looking at the pictures, you can see that the last strap may have played into the breakage of the fitting. There is a step in size between the slip adapter and the hose itself. I would glue a  short piece of paint stir stick or something thick enough to the wooden wedge to compensate for the step in size. That way there won't be undo stress on the hose from the retaining straps. Secondly its important to get the length of hose exactly right. It may or not have been sized correctly from the factory. Either too short or too long will put additional stress on the fittings when the slide is fully extended or fully retracted. Hope that helps. Long arms help too. 

I recently completed this repair - It was quite the load of fun!

When reinstalling, I purchased 3 large hose clamps from Home Depot & a length of 3/8" rubber fuel hose. I opened the clamps all the way so I could insert the flat end between the trolley & the trolley rails. I split the fuel hose down the center & then wrapped it around the clamp for insulation where it was going to come in contact with the new drain hose. I then reconnected the clamp & tightened down until the whole assembly was sufficiently solid.

Seemed to do the trick!

Good morning America. I would like to thank everyone for their input and thoughts. I am constantly impressed with the knowledge base and experiences of the folks who are on this forum. I always like to keep things as original as possible. I can cut the straps as a last resort if I do not get the trolley apart. The set of wheels to the rear may be a problem to get reattached. There is a business here in town that sells nothing but hose material in every shape, size and material for commercial applications. I will drop by there today and see what I can find. I think the factory installed piece is a little short. When the slide is in I think the bend at the upper coupling was to severe. There is a ton of room for the pipe to travel into when the slide is closed. A little longer piece would be not problem with clearance issues. The only obstacle with that plan is all the other piping and electrical were zip tied to the drain line. I had to cut 27 zip ties just to get the other utilities away from the drain line. Thank you again everyone for your help. Have a great day.